Topic: Beta Island

Hi all,

seeing as there are a bunch of bloodthirsty bitter eve vets looking to roam I have a question and maybe it will bring up ideas to improve the game or learn from it what I can to guide the eve vets around.

Beta Island:
If I understand it correctly there are several outposts there that can be controlled on certain times (intrusions). during this time you can attack them, defend them etc.

Now here is the interesting part for me:
- When checking the corp events you can see the map and there are 3 spots on the map next to the outpost, these are attackable and need to be conquered/destroyed/claimed before you can take over the outpost?

What good is beta island?
- From what I understand you can compare it to eve's nullsec where you can mine the high end minerals, manufacture cheaper etc, what are the other benefits of the outpost/beta island besides the "roaming" pvp?
- When you kill someone on the Beta Islands, do you lose standing till you become an outlaw? or is it free for all kill on sight?

Thanks in advance, just trying to learn more about the beta islands and what can happen there.

Re: Beta Island

4 node types, 3 to each outpost: Damage, item collection, passive hack (stand here), active hack (use module here).  All 3 must be owned by the same corp to take control.

Yes, better resources and higher grade facilities. Outpost owners get half of market tax and facility costs.

PvP kills have no long lasting effect.  Only 5 minute aggression timer preventing you from docking or teleporting to safe zones.

->You just lost The Game<-

PsyBlade wrote:

What good is beta island?
- From what I understand you can compare it to eve's nullsec where you can mine the high end minerals, manufacture cheaper etc, what are the other benefits of the outpost/beta island besides the "roaming" pvp?
- When you kill someone on the Beta Islands, do you lose standing till you become an outlaw? or is it free for all kill on sight?

At this time this is the part that the DEV team is working on and that is making the beta island living etc a bit more enticing.

No security status loss etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I'm still figuring this out myself, so this is the blind leading the blind but what I've managed to gather is owning an outpost allows you to skim off the top of any transactions that happen there (feeds corp/alliance wallet); not sure if you can forgo this and just set it to only allow 'blues' to 'dock' though.  Considering the limited space compared to 0.0 I doubt it though; but who knows about the future.  There is also a running cost associated with outpost ownership I think.

It sounds like owning the outpost would be the same as living out of a conq station in 0.0, all your stuff is there, it's where you're clone/spark is set to and such, so you just login, join the corp/alliance op's, guard the miners, whatever rather than login, lumber from an alpha to wherever and ninja stuff.

Beta's appear to be 0.0, so whatever the sec status mechanic is you're immune to it if you get your pew on out there, alpha's need you to be PvP flagged.  Again not sure what happens if two rival corps appear in an alpha and neither are flagged though.   I'm not even sure if there is a WarDec mechanic as yet; I've not looked.