1 (edited by auster 2010-12-01 10:44:36)

Topic: fps indicator - option to lower fps

so we have a FPS indicator (open console and enter "showfps 2"). Maybe this should be turned on by default? In that case an additional option to show/hide the FPS indicator. That is because i don't think the console commands are published somewhere. this would help to distinguish whether one really has lag (low connection speed to the server) or if ones hardware is just too old.

i don't know how the client is implemented, but i hope that data and graphics processing is separated. if that is the case, it should be rather easy to add an option with which you can reduce the frame rate. the reason is that it makes hardly any sense to have a maximum frame rate when you are mining and almost nothing changes in your vicinity.

this could mean less electricity costs, so more to spend on perpetuum. more important is that the hardware requirements are less high so i could run two clients on the same machine without having to buy a top notch computer.

2 (edited by Karism 2010-12-01 10:28:42)

Re: fps indicator - option to lower fps

In order to view fps, press the tilde key, or @ in my case, and type in "showfps 2", without quotes.

As shown by the next post, it seems the key required varies.

3 (edited by pr1est 2010-12-01 10:28:27)

Karism wrote:

In order to view fps, press the tilde key, or @ in my case, and type in "showfps 2", without quotes.

Aw you beat me to it sad lol.

hmm .. i forgot about the console .. thank you

That is because i don't think the console commands are published somewhere

type "list" into the console

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.