1 (edited by Kardal 2011-06-26 17:44:30)

Topic: Whats happening to the server?

Cant even hold 500 ppl?:(

2 (edited by Arga 2011-06-26 17:47:34)

Re: Whats happening to the server?

Let's not jump to conclusions, give them a minute to check it out. Could be something that was f'd up in a patch that didn't get noticed because of the generally low pop of the game.

If you check the chart, it was running with 400+ for over 12 hours.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

But with the lag it is impossible for me to play...except for mining...
Hope they can solve it soon...

4 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-06-26 18:16:40)

Time to get proper hosting?

There is a bug in the server code, the problems are not hardware related. We're working on a solution.

6 (edited by Arga 2011-06-26 18:20:47)

I doubt its a bandwidth issue, more likely, something that creeped in between launch and the expansion that didn't get proper load testing due to low pop.

I still give that idea a +1 in general, being in the US and having the server in London would be a benefit, but it's not an emergency to move it.

Edit: What Zoom said ^

Jita is clogged, too smile

Dont worry guys.  Again, if you look at the user peak graph, the top of the graph is the most we've had online at once.  The server can easily handle this (maybe not the spawns tho lol) so let them work out the code and we'll be rolling again in no time.

I agree with Arga that its probably something that couldnt have been tested after the population lowered over the months past release.

->You just lost The Game<-

This is going to sound odd but I find it kind of cool that oddbod bugs are crawling out the wood work.  I mean if the server had stayed at 400 people nobody would of noticed until weeks/months later.

Much better such kinks are worked out of the system now IMHO, after all who knows what other codefarts the devs'll find whilst beating the chat code around the head? big_smile

There's only 500 people playing this game? wow, I'm surprised!! I'd have thought it was at least 2-3000 actually.

Anyways, looking forward to playing again!

Razgon Ap Taj wrote:

There's only 500 people playing this game? wow, I'm surprised!! I'd have thought it was at least 2-3000 actually.

Anyways, looking forward to playing again!

Same as any MMO I'd wager, total subs + active trials is always less than concurent users.  Unless it's some insane redbull swigging coke snorting 12 year old on a 72 hour bender.

Sure, but last I checked that kind of server statistics was on Warhammer about 6 months ago, and their servers each had between 1200-2500 people playing.

I was actually assuming this game had a helluva lot more subs :-)

had to log out to confirm redeem code, now I cant get back in. damn This is so _ing frustrating.

All I am getting is 'error_ServerFull', they could be a wee bit more informative. I know they have had a large influx, but unless guys can get onto the game reliably, it could impact the desire to stay.

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

All I am getting is 'error_ServerFull', they could be a wee bit more informative. I know they have had a large influx, but unless guys can get onto the game reliably, it could impact the desire to stay.

We have had more people playing than this before.  Something creeped in a patch that somehow crippled a part of the server.  It will be fixed.  Be patient.

Warhammer = advertised, known trademark, common fantasy genre, with a little bit blood and gore AFAIK.

Perpetuum: Indi, scifi, hardly advertised (no big name publisher that tries to make money out of sold boxes)

200 constant subs IMHO not so bad...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Warhammer = advertised, known trademark, common fantasy genre, with a little bit blood and gore AFAIK.

Perpetuum: Indi, scifi, hardly advertised (no big name publisher that tries to make money out of sold boxes)

Theres certainly much more than that.  I'd have no idea where to draw the line, but thats way low.

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

Well I suppose you can blame us EVE refugees for crowding into your game, but it's better they learned this now (When we're all still relatively forgiving and such) than later when the consequences could be much greater.

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

Annihilator wrote:

My apologies - I wasnt trying to stirring anything up - was honestly just surprised the number wasn't a lot higher, with the quality of the game being as high as it is.

Perp is primed for new players, the Vet base has been building up the market and stockpiling resources, which will allow them to absorb a large number of players into their corporations and supply them with bots and modules.

There are also plenty of modules/bots in storage waiting to go onto the market for new players to buy.

We have been breaking ground on this sandbox, plowing the soil, and getting it ready for the land rush.

Don't get discouraged by the server snafu, the player base is ready to expand, even if the relay server needs some love.

Beta Islands outposts, while not vital to the game at the moment, provide some great PVP action and any new Corps should be eyeing them for thier long-term strategic value.

this is TOTALLY the best time to be part of the game, once the relay server is fixed that is smile

i cant log in and start up my noob-equip production sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's going to take them a few days to gather up some NIC for us to exploit, I mean, provide them with an invaluable service, anyway. wink

I paid a subscription because I beleive the Perpetuum is good. I created the hashtag #perpbots because I want to beleive the perpetuum is good. I am a little dissapointed your error messages could be a little warmer with some information on how, or why, or when. You know what its like to get to a store and then  have to wait while someone opens the doors. Well, its kinda raining here, I'm cold and I have water dripping into my shoes, I want to come in.

Its been nearly an hour now and I still get the dull thud of 'CLOSED' coming from the login.

And.... I'm in.....

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

And.... I'm in.....

Bastard!

And I mean that in the nicest possible way ;-)