Topic: DEV / GM HELP NEEDED!!

For the last few days I have been having problems with my game client on my main computer.  This all started happening right after my 18 yo daughter decided to "help me out" by running a malware scan of my computer using a freeware program called "Malwarebytes."  She found 7 infected programs, which she then quarantined and deleted.  She also went through and uninstalled a lot of the old games that I no longer play, and deleted them as well.  She ended up recovering about 75 gigabytes of HD space.

The next day when I started playing Perpetuum, I experienced the following problems within the game...

1.  Every time I start the Perpetuum client I experience the following problems during the login operation...

A.  I have to accept the EULA
     B.  I have to re-enter my username (this had always defaulted to having been already entered in the past).
     C.  After this the login process seems to function normally until...

2.  Once logged in, I find that all of my preferences seem to have reset themselves to their game default settings (All of the sounds are back to 100%, graphic settings have all been reset to default, EVERYTHING in that preferences area resets to default, EVERY TIME!

3.  The UI itself behaves in the following abnormal ways...

A.  Upon login the only open window is the chat window.  The windows had always stayed opened and in the same places that they were in when I logged out before (when I would log out outside of an outpost.  Having to reopen, resize, and reorient my windows every time that I log in is a major PITA.

B.  The window disappearing issue doesn't just happen when I log in.  It also happens EVERY TIME there is a session change.  IOW, the UI completely resets itself to CHAT only every time I dock, undock, and teleport!!  This is not only dangerous (when jumping into beta), it is also such a major PITA, that it removes all the fun out of the game.

I used my fiancee's computer to logon yesterday, and everything worked perfectly, so, the issue is obviously coming from my computer.  I have updated windows, and checked every setting that I know how to check, but nothing had a positive effect at all.  I love Perp, but, I simply can not play it like this.  If you know what's wrong, or if you even suspect what it might be, please don't hesitate to respond.

Thank you SO much!!!

Mandy

Re: DEV / GM HELP NEEDED!!

It sounds like the client is unable to save settings. One reason could be that it's installed to a directory that you don't have full permission to (Program Files?). Try to move the Perpetuum directory to another place, it will work from any place without reinstalling (but of course you will have to directly start the exe from there).