Topic: Adding/Removing to cargo space locks up client 2-3 seconds

Hi,
   when I mine and load my charges there is a brief bit of client lock up as the are removed from my cargo. Similar when I get materials from the ground I get the same problem.

This has been going on for awhile now.
Thanks

Re: Adding/Removing to cargo space locks up client 2-3 seconds

Sounds like another 'fun' bug.
I can't reproduce this issue nor have I heard of this issue before so the best bet is to post your computer specs. I can however say that when moving a large amount of items between storages the client does lock up but that seems unrelated to this issue. Have you tried different clients or downloading a new GBF? I doubt it'll help if it's a hardware compatibility issue.

I hope it's a simple fix when it's found. That sounds really annoying.

3 (edited by Neoxx 2011-06-22 21:24:32)

I only have problems like this when I have windows that have very large amounts of items in them.  Most recently I saw this happen when I had a corp junk loot folder open while trying to drag ammo into the bot fitting window.   Each time the client locked for a couple seconds before I could load the next weapon.

It doesnt even have to be the same container/folder you're moving stuff from.  The loot was in corp storage and the ammo I was moving was in private storage.  The fact that theres so many items/icons currently viewing makes it refresh every item any time theres any change anywhere.  I cant really think of why it would need to refresh everything, but it looks as if it does currently.

This same issue also makes it nearly impossible to drag large amounts of separate items from 1 folder to another because it has to load all of the icons into the "ghost drag" UI before letting anything be moved.  I'd prefer if it just didnt show those ghost items, or only showed enough of them to "look" like all were there, but only enough were loaded that you couldnt possibly see the end of it wherever the cursor was on the screen.  This may deem its own thread, and I may make it later with illustrations when I get back from work tongue

Do you have a container open that has many many items in it?  I cant see only mining loot causing this, so are there other people dumping damaged loot into it as well?

->You just lost The Game<-

Neox - what you describe sounds like the result of the fix for exploit that your former leader found.

if two or more player accessing the same corp storage (full with damage loot) the access time will get even worse.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm going to take a fraps.

Yeah when your cargo gets huge you have some lag.

I simply undock, go to mine, load my charges.

When my charges load, there's a 2 second hang.

when I start mining and put stuff into container it hangs 2-3 seconds with container empty.

It use to work fine before, but now sad, lol I have riveler account with good mining etc..

Annihilator wrote:

Neox - what you describe sounds like the result of the fix for exploit that your former leader found.

if two or more player accessing the same corp storage (full with damage loot) the access time will get even worse.

Hm, that doesnt sound related to what I heard that was going on.  Oh well.

I really dont see why this lag has to happen at the moment of dragging the item, as all you are doing at that point it making the possibility of moving the item somewhere, and not actually executing the command.  If they are adjusting the client in this way, it is completely wrong and inefficient and unnecessary.  Any checks that go into ensuring items are not reproduced accidentally through moving should occur when the player sends the command to move the item (releases the mouse button in the desired folder).

I'll try this with my private storage to see if the same issues arise with many items in my personal storage open only.

->You just lost The Game<-

i somehow experience the micro-freezing too for a few days now.

not only with cargo - but also with missions, toast messages, or simply out of the blue - neither the ping nor the fps display shows anything suspicious (out of the ordinary spikes)

though fps doesnt have a over-time-graph sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I have yet to experience the freezes so it may have something to do with driver updates? *Shrugs*

The freezes shouldn't be happening for sure but if it's anything like the map close freeze I assume it's something to do with the rendering engine. sad

I've noticed the background of the terminal "freezing" when I have a couple windows open and I move my mouse over the background. When the mouse stops, it resumes just fine like nothing happened.

Raife wrote:

I've noticed the background of the terminal "freezing" when I have a couple windows open and I move my mouse over the background. When the mouse stops, it resumes just fine like nothing happened.

Same here. I can easily reproduce it with the Assignments window open. Assignments log is big and think it is the cause of my in terminal freeze.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23