Topic: Alternate storage sorting option

Currently damaged items are not sorted by their damaged percentage. It would be nice items would remain grouped together but then be sub-sorted by their repair percentage.

It would also be nice to be able to enable an option that would put a break between each module type for some very busy hangers. When looking for one type of module within a hanger with over 5,000 damaged items in it is not an easy take. Finding only the very lightly damaged items of a certain time is very time consuming. I understand they there probably can't be a search box within the current UI but I would like it is there could be at some point as well when the UI engine gets an overhaul.

Re: Alternate storage sorting option

This would make the repair feature in general much more useable. For some time I went through the exercise of moving items from Corp to Private and trying to use the check boxes in Repair where you can see the %'s, but as you say, when you have 1000's of items, it's just too time consuming; end result is I now just recycle everything which isn't optimum for a lot of the gray items. Oh, on that too, the 'yellow' and 'grey' colors are too similar, either make the yellow more orange or the grey darker.

tl;dr +1 sub-sorting by % damage

If you're just looking for the lightest damaged items so that you can repair them, you can sort the recycle window's columns so that the least damaged items are on top and just repair the topmost ones. The main problem though with tons of items is that there's no 'check all' or 'uncheck all'. If you could uncheck all to begin with, sorting and repairing would be a lot easier.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

4 (edited by Alexander 2011-06-10 00:58:06)

Grim Faust wrote:

If you're just looking for the lightest damaged items so that you can repair them, you can sort the recycle window's columns so that the least damaged items are on top and just repair the topmost ones. The main problem though with tons of items is that there's no 'check all' or 'uncheck all'. If you could uncheck all to begin with, sorting and repairing would be a lot easier.

There is a select all and deselect all, just right click.
The problem is I can't shift select multiple items so sorting the hangers by damage percent would be the simplest way of selecting on the items I want to repair. (Already sent to the client due to the client showing a damage symbol).

5 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-06-09 23:18:19)

Alexander wrote:

There is a select all and deselect all, just right click.

You mean you can check and uncheck all the check boxes in the repair window by right clicking?? Didn't know that, thanks!

Alexander wrote:

The problem is I can't shift select multiple items so sorting the hangers by damage percent (Already sent to the client due to the client showing a damage symbol).

You can't shift select, but you can ctrl select individual ones so you can skip ones you don't want. But I agree, having them all pre-sorted by repair status would be nice.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run