Topic: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #6

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/ smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Incoming Transmission Podcast Episode #6

Dominating Corporation of PO: M2S

FLASHNEWS: All your bases belong to us!

Dissagree, 3:1 is not fun, thay are just too.. Lousy.. to stand up against us alone.

lol Smokeyii tha hippi ! Trololololl U know you dont Pvp us, we kill you.. u see thats not pvp. thats Stats feeding. Lol Smokeyii LOL lol

I want to hear more about the CRY for HELP gathering of All Vs M2S, Alot of Butthurt QQ to make that happend i think, taisty! i want to know more!

Tips & Trix: Awsome for the new guys! alot of credds for you both!

3 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-30 04:12:27)

Hi Gremrod, Kalsius:

Great podcast. I listen to bits and pieces when I can. I like the market cast in this one.
Here are some reflections:

Indeed epitron is going up in value,  this is good which can encourage people to mine on beta more and risk for good money instead of bad money before.

titanium - I'm curious about this as well, thanks for looking into it.

more markets - Some of the pirates in the 62nd are playing the market game to get a market going in tellesis for the public. wink it's a fun game where we use some of our hard earned money to make a market hub besides ics alpha.

------------

As for the political side I'll send both of you a shortened list of what happened.
In short I told bodies of alliances they were neutral, set them neutral then we decided to attack. Their responsibility for not pruning the lists.

No NAP/alliances exists between the 62nd and any entity in game. Every body is a fair target. We're just not up for teaming 50 on 25. It's kind of backwards.

It's my hope other entities don't become involved in this and abstain from it.

Thanks for the well wishes gents.  I enjoyed the podcast as usual.

I would echo the sentiment that even though we have our gaming differences as players and rivalries have formed, it's all in good fun at the end of the day.  The great community is one of the reasons that I believe will see Perpetuum turn into a mainstream title and hopefully continue to grow year after year. Who knows, perhaps we will one day reach the level of subscribers that that 'other' MMO has big_smile

The citizens of Joplin are keeping their spirit's high and there is widespread talk of plans to rapidly rebuild.  My apartment complex has issued a final call to look for salvageable possessions as they plan on beginning the demolition process.  The plan is to have the complex rebuilt by September if you can believe that!  Considering the lack of construction jobs that exist currently in the United States, Jopllin will be offering tons of employment in that industry for at least the next two years if not longer.  Although it's difficult to look at the 'bright side' of things, we must move on at some point. 

I will attempt to post some pictures I've gathered so far at some point.  Television simply does not do justice to the images I've seen this past week.

5 (edited by Crepitus 2011-05-30 04:40:46)

listening to the podcast right now while in game.. comments to follow.

- I agree about the community.  Glad Mo survived, it's been a rough tornado season thus far, and it's good to see people aren't trolling their 'enemies' real life bad luck.

- I think it's odd that none of the other new corps, many with quite a few members, were mentioned.  AET/SUNDER/FOOM being the biggest of the new corps that I've seen.

- My reading of the 62nd post is that they still have a lot of bad blood with CIR and Syndic and do not want to be on the same side as them, other forums confirm this as does my past experience being in 62nd myself .. I have seen Balf and others headed to Nova solo several times since.

- AXE did not show up for the Uria intrusion you mention, it was way off time wise for everyone that could have shown up.  I no longer speak for AXE (I was PR/HR manager during my brief tenure), however this is what happened: 

Basically after the TBA incident, AXE was labeled a liability for possible spies and was excluded from a lot of pertinent information and is probably why you don't see them around much because no one tells them when anything is going on.  Communication within the Hoop Alliance has always been bad anyway with language, time zones, and paranoia being the main culprits (my opinion obviously).

Norhoop is basically F-NAVY, their pet corp xxSIxx, and CHAOS .. like AXE, SK got left out of the loop and the last time I saw them they were still based at Initia.  62nd was blue and reset, HUN left, AXE is still technically a member but left out of anything of importance.  To me what's interesting about this is how closely it mirrors what happened with Dom Alliance; you need only read between the lines of Syndic's post about reforming to Novastrov to see the parallels.

I also suspect some of the speculation about these things by Gremrod in particular wasn't all above board and I would have liked to have seen Kalsius call him on it.  This seems like fishing for intel first, and second I know your guys have been at Brightstone every day for awhile so you should know who is around there.

- Smokeyii's thread was Epic; agreed.

- New Player tips: Check the wiki-in-progress

- Speed boost module: I was reading the beta forum archive last week at work, and one of the ECorp ideas was to have the ability to just press shift or something and get a sprint that pulls from your accumulator like you're saying.  I think that's a good idea; but I also think the base speed of *ALL* bots should be increased 20 or 30 kph; travel times are ridiculous even in t4 lwf and nav 10 in nearly everything.

- In your face mechs, took a massive hit with explosion damage.. glass canons are even more glass; I've pretty much been forced to back off and change ammo types to have the range not to be dropped to half by an explosion.

- Well done as usual, I enjoy the market analysis and battle recaps the most probably (I don't understand why I can find so many videos with Google that aren't on the video thread). 

I have asked the CEO of FOOM to post in your thread about being on the panel.  I hope he does and I hope you'll welcome him.

EDIT: As usual I'll continue adding while I'm listening.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Great episode again guys. Keep it up.

Soviet Novastrov was formed - internally - roughly 2 weeks before the actual expansion was released.

Correction; you have the order of intrusions wrong. It was Uria/Darmahol - Danarchov - Nauwy.

At Uria, we basically took the wrong assumption about certain fits and ranges, it it just didn't work. First time everyone was working together, we got wiped. It was valuable learning experience.

At Danarchov, what turned the course of the whole battle irreparably was Alexander being caught & killed early on. In my mind, Alexander is pretty much everything in M2S - the one who comes up with the fits, the one who comes up with the tactics and maneuvers that actually work. M2S with Alexander is a whole different level up from M2S without Alexander. Also, mid-way we adjusted our fits to a more logical layout, and it worked out perfectly.

Nauwy was - from our perspective - a freak accident. Half of our fleet, including the entire command chain, crashed instantly when M2S undocked the first wave of suicide bombers. Big props to the Devs for handling this issue fairly and the compensation.

62nd, in traditional ECORP fashion, got us to turn them blue for the Uria engagement and then engaged us. Lesson learned, never again. For some reason, one of my officers actually agreed to this and I didn't notice this occured until I heard people shouting that 62nd is blue and shooting at them. Since then, all relation-adjusting privileges have been removed from all officers in CIR.

Brotherhood Coalition is slowly but surely being absorbed by 62nd. Their rethoric will change when they feel they are ready again.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

8 (edited by Smokeyii 2011-05-30 07:45:44)

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

Dominating Corporation of PO: M2S

lol Smokeyii tha hippi ! Trololololl U know you dont Pvp us, we kill you.. u see thats not pvp. thats Stats feeding. Lol Smokeyii LOL lol

!

I know you have a bonafide disability Arachnix, but please... please run anything you type thru a spell checker first. It's really painful man, srsly.

*edit* I don't get what people don't understand about Teh Smokey Plan. Zero fun = m2s stop logging in = Perpetuum wins. It's really very simple.

But then again, it's pretty much CIR+rest vs m2s now, with a few odd corps here and there that haven't thrown in with either side, like 62nd.

Smokeyii wrote:

Stuf

You can not stop us from pvp, no one can, maybe if no one log-on for a month .. but otherwise we have open pvp at all beta islands. Smokeyii it does not work. our enemies do not choose their pvp, it will come when they least expect it. We do not need to mine, we can pvp from the first second we log online. We will not give up. We will have full domination over Nia.
CIR+rest = unimportant.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

We do not need to mine

I c.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

One little thing to add to the equation:
The strangely low values of sales in the last months has to do with a bug. I have to apologise for that.

o, yes, i almost forgot: LOVE THE PODCAST

Thanks for another good podcast.

Since most of them tend to be quite long, would it be possible to list the topics for discussion in your post and when they will appear in the cast? (e.g Current political landscape: 05:00, Coming patch discussion 27:00)

DEV Crm wrote:

One little thing to add to the equation:
The strangely low values of sales in the last months has to do with a bug. I have to apologise for that.

Has this been fixed now? Are the currently displayed values correct? Also, does this only affect the volumes, or also the past prices?

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Since most of them tend to be quite long, would it be possible to list the topics for discussion in your post and when they will appear in the cast? (e.g Current political landscape: 05:00, Coming patch discussion 27:00)

I did suggest this earlier, having a TOC for it.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Whoops forgot to remind Grem, my bad this time! Will try and do it this evening.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

I did suggest this earlier, having a TOC for it.

I did use a program to put the TOC for it. But I see what you are looking for now. So a list of the topics at their specific times in the file.

I think I can handle that one.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23