Topic: Siege Weapons

This is more of a discussion for the future when player owned structures are implemented.
I'm thinking tracked mechs carrying gargantuan missile batteries firing missile barrages composed of volkswagens, laser batteries the size of a lithus, and plasma cannons launching fireballs the size of a mech. Things that just scream "Epic".

Discuss.

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-26 22:17:48)

Re: Siege Weapons

Currently mechs are 10m+ tall and if you think about how large that then we already have epic sized weapons. The main issue is the entire game scale if off by at least half it not more.
I am sure we'll get larger weapons on day however as we've already seen concept art of the large weapons and larger robots.

Re: Siege Weapons

Right now the weapons are cool in that their visual effects are pleasing to watch. For instance, missile launchers look like somebody firing missiles at people. Lasers look feasibly like an actual lethal laser might look, and EM guns make sense because a slug traveling at hypersonic speeds would actually catch on fire. Because of how difficult combat is in this game against groups of enemies I get seriously adrenaline rushes whenever I go into a fight, and the graphics just make it that much more awesome.

But it could be even better for the bigger weapons. Missile launchers currently only fire one missile each, on both small and medium launchers. Even if the overall damage output was just 1 entry, I think a missile barrage from each launcher would be absolutely terrifying to be on the business end of. Imagine a mech toting a pair of plasma cannons out of Warhammer 40k (space marines). Now imagine the ball of plasma is the size of a MECH. I suppose lasers could be mounted in arrays, they're cool but not really to my taste tongue

now to go digging for some of this concept art you speak of.