Topic: Have i got the wrong starter robot?

When rolling my char iv maxed my mining skills, entered the game and done the ten starter missions and my reward is a light combat robot that i can't use for mining missions. I was wondering if all is correct or i have done something wrong?

2 (edited by Malakian 2011-05-21 07:58:24)

Re: Have i got the wrong starter robot?

Only combat light bots are granted after tutorial ten assignments, you have to earn some nic to buy your first argano, or ask in your corp maybe you can borrow one.

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

Amos wrote:

When rolling my char iv maxed my mining skills, entered the game and done the ten starter missions and my reward is a light combat robot that i can't use for mining missions. I was wondering if all is correct or i have done something wrong?

You started at TM-A and should have gotten a Castel and enough NIC to buy yourself an Argano.
The Castel is able to fit 1 mining lasers which isn't optimal when compared to the arkhe.
As Malakian said, your corp (Largest in the game) should really have been able to answer this for you.

get with one of the corp directors and they will set you up with a mineing robot

Hi thanks for the replys, i didn't ask my corp as i was oog at the time,
The castel can't fit a mining mod that was my problem, i'v re'rolled another faction to get a better start o/

Amos wrote:

The castel can't fit a mining mod that was my problem, i'v re'rolled another faction to get a better start o/

Well that's silly, factions have nothing to do with industry.

Pull wrote:
Amos wrote:

a castel cannot equip industrial modules, prometheus and yagel can. If your playing the first few hours for yourself without any knowledge about the game, its probably better go go blue or yellow.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

ya doesn't matter what faction you pick for a mineing char there all the same when comes to that as they all use the industral line argano termis riveler etc.

anyway talk to one of the corp directors we provide your first argano fitted free as well as your first termis fitted

Annihilator wrote:
Pull wrote:
Amos wrote:

a castel cannot equip industrial modules, prometheus and yagel can. If your playing the first few hours for yourself without any knowledge about the game, its probably better go go blue or yellow.

Is that worth a reset?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

not really

actually, my industrials will always start with TM faction. The castel is IMHO the best lowbie robot that can be used by a fully industrial char to grind the few standings you can't do with transport or geoscan missions. t4 lwf, sensor amp, 4x t2 launcher, t2 proto small repair.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

not really

So it was silly tongue

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin