Topic: install location

Im so use to installing in c/programs or c/programsx86(games fo rthis one)

Is it ok for it to install in c/games folder? Thats default.

Im asking cause I have unusual low fps.I should run this with ease compared to games run.
My sig will show my build.

Re: install location

the game doesn't use the system registry - so it sould be absolutely irrelevant where you "install" it.

you can copy to and run it from a USB stick and it will still work.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by CrepitusGoldenGoose 2011-05-18 11:50:15)

MadDrake wrote:

Im so use to installing in c/programs or c/programsx86(games fo rthis one)

Is it ok for it to install in c/games folder? Thats default.

Im asking cause I have unusual low fps.I should run this with ease compared to games run.
My sig will show my build.

Turn off shadows; they're broken.  Everything else maxed is fine.  You have more ram a better processor than me and I run a radeon 5850 with 2 clients max settings at 1920x1080 while I watch a movie on a 2nd display with no problems -- AFTER I turned off shadows ;D

EDIT: Annihilator is correct you can put the folder anywhere and it will run fine.

you dont have to turn then completely off, but middle setting works pretty well for my even older system...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

you dont have to turn then completely off, but middle setting works pretty well for my even older system...

But they look awful and you won't notice them on or off at that point. Sometimes I turn everything to full and walk around but graphics aren't what sell this game as you'll stop noticing them pretty soon. Heh.