Topic: worth returning?

hi all,

i played for 4 months since opening and my character is specialized in mining, i've been keeping watch on the patch notes and i'm curious to hear from some active players. for a mining oriented industrial character is it worth coming back for the latest changes?

thanks smile

Re: worth returning?

Oh yes, definetly. Population has increased a bit since the latest patch, and you have new Alpha & beta to mine. (You could try to Ninja some Epitron with some friends keeping watch); And I'm sure many of our victims would welcome a mining guy.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Knuckles wrote:

hi all,

i played for 4 months since opening and my character is specialized in mining, i've been keeping watch on the patch notes and i'm curious to hear from some active players. for a mining oriented industrial character is it worth coming back for the latest changes?

thanks smile

if your account was inactive you should have got 15 free days added to your account with the terra incognita patch which would still have a few days left on it.  why not give it a try?

my miner has noticed a nice lowering in the time it takes to get a sequer of stuff with the base mineral per cycle mined increase although with the regen nerf some spots are empty and hit hard.  i haven't personally scanned the new islands for stuff but i have seen a far number of rivelers and whatnot on hershfield and tellesis.

of course industrial characters are welcome in all corps, including mine (shameless plug) so if you're interested in coming back and want beta access in a corp with a strong industrial base send a PM to Crepitus in game and i can give you details about AXE wink

thanks for the replies, i'll definitely check to see if i have any time on the 15 days free left.

I can't speak from an Indy side of the game, but I too only played for a couple of months and then I left and just came back a few weeks ago.. and I'm glad I did, I've been having a lot of fun.

Characters specialized in mining really benefited the most from the mining changes. The thing to note though, is that AFK mining isn't viable anymore. You can have a second window open, but you'll be switching back frequently to relock and unload, which personally I think is a good thing.

Definitely worth returning to game mining has got quite a boost with 50% extra yield per cycle. 6 new island 3 of them alpha to mine at your hearts content.

Join the fray, still more to come, and Devs seems to be listening to the community. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm new, but I'm definitely having fun with it so far.

i logged in last night and the changes are definitely worth it for miners. i can fill my riveler on 3 yellow stacks, pretty cool.

now i just need to find someone to make me a lithus wink

My alt is more focused on industry (56% Factory ME) but he stills makes a decent chunk of money mining just titan ore in his little argano big_smile