1 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-05-16 11:32:20)

Topic: Re-Roll and identiety change - disappointed!

I expressed my concern about the re-spec option, other than the 45days re-spec after account activation, when it first was announced.

I feel that I was proven only too right, with my concerns.

What I am observing at the present is, that a hell of a lot of people is doing a respec.  Adjusting their skill distribution. Killing production and research chars, in favor of a dmg chars, etc… many people reskilling to use  Kains. 

Look at M2S, half of them have done a respec, to be able to use Kains, for their speed roamings (so they can run away faster, so it seems, when confronted with even numbers).

The game is losing its colourful variety of player factions and professions.

But my most serious concern is about the identity change. By all means.  There are so many players changing their identities currently. This surly cannot be in the nature of a sandbox game, where players need to be responsible of their actions and life with it.

If you have been an a*****e to others or corps, by whatever means, you have to face the consequences, you probably going to have problems finding a new corp, that will trust you, or whatever. Words are going to spread. You know that before you start being an a**.

Whatever next? F2P and micropayments, WoW Dual Specs?

Stop the EP Re-roll. It was just fine the way it was and for god’s sake, for the good of the persistent world of perpetuum, stop the ability for an identity change. We are not a bunch of pre-teen players, who cannot take responsibility. Or are we after all?

A very disappointed
MoBIoS

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Re-Roll and identiety change - disappointed!

MoBIoS wrote:

Look at M2S, half of them have done a respec, to be able to use Kains, for their speed roamings (so they can run away faster, so it seems, when confronted with even numbers).

Wrong

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

While I think the EP redistribution can actually add variety and color to the game, I agree that the characters' persistence need to be kept. To actually modify the system however requires extreme foresight, time and effort. It is on our task list however.

MoBIoS wrote:

**Look at me! I am talking out of my arse!!1**

You don't need re roll to train kain to a reasonable level, try again.

5 (edited by Jelan 2011-05-16 12:54:36)

You are so wrong its unbelievable lol, just lol.

How many kains did we see outside of Darnachov yesterday?

thats good to hear that your at least aware and working on it I was concerned about the char deletion part of it myself i mean hell i could go out steal everything i can get my hands on from a corp or anyone be a complete #$#@ to everyone on the server then do a respec and nobody would ever know it was me.

Siddy wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:

**Look at me! I am talking out of my arse!!1**

You don't need re roll to train kain to a reasonable level, try again.

Its funny and remarkable at the same time, that what comes out of my arse, as you put in such vivid manner, still seems to be more contructive, than most of M2S posts put together.

@Jelan, yeah was funny yesterday. But you where running away so quickly again,  as soon you saw 2 Cameleons closing up on you, it was hard to make out, what you where actually piloting.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

"constructive"? talking about such high ethical values while playing a mmo, ffs, you are so deeply concerned about the behaviour of such a minority inside a small sandbox, or you want to look like a shiny paladin to yourself. Check the mirror image next time, you delusional moral leader of our so endangered community.

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

9 (edited by Syndic 2011-05-16 13:27:16)

Jelan wrote:

You are so wrong its unbelievable lol, just lol.

How many kains did we see outside of Darnachov yesterday?

Probably a lot, since when we started playing the game we all rolled the same thing to start in the same place together (yup we were nubs). lol Since then however, a lot of us has rerolled to yellow/green because as we quickly figured out vs the roaming intakt-gangs, being blue-only isn't a smart thing in PVP.

I do agree with Mobios that character names should have stayed "locked", instead of deleting all characters and doing an account-reset it should have been a character-EP-reset so the name stays. It would also solve the problem of characters losing all their relations/research, as they currently do now.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I disagree on the ability to respec.

The 45 days respec timer was and still is a good thing to fix possible newbie mistakes and as what comes to veteran players getting a free respec after what nearly 1/2 year timeline in the game? It certainly does not sound too bad to me.

Now, what I actually do fully agree on is the fashion how the respeccing is done as in you should have to keep your character's original name and your inventory/faction reputations and so on.

I mean in online gaming we are already hiding behind namemark and now there is even a possibility to change that namemark to hide your previous online gaming identity? I am sorry, but that is just... roll

It should not be hard to reset an account and wipe characters back to starting extensions. The game stores their choices and spark after all.

Then empty the account EP and put it all back again. No characters changes, just their extensions. Of course add validation to make sure all characters are docked, have empty production lines and aren't a CEO. That should be all that needs to be checked.

Greetings all,

My Suggestion would be the following:

Character / Account API - showing the list of currently active characters and past one that have been deleted for the said account.

Only account holders will have the access key to which can be giving to another people for review if requested or needed.

Regards,
DaOpa

DaOpa wrote:

Greetings all,

Character / Account API - showing the list of currently active characters and past one that have been deleted for the said account.

Only account holders will have the access key to which can be giving to another people for review if requested or needed.

Regards,
DaOpa

The API is a nice idea but I think it would work well in tandem with the "Not having to delete your character in the first place" solution.

Aside from the fringe-exception, most production characters are barred from doing a reset due to the investment in both relations and researched kernels, and are more likely to have spread out thier EP thinking they could vertically integrate; and now realize they need to specialize.

What I'm saying, is that this type of character reset penalizes industrialist characters more then combat characters.

DaOpa wrote:

Greetings all,

Regards,
DaOpa

Been Asking for the API before the game even launched..

Fred Sanford wrote:
DaOpa wrote:

Greetings all,

Regards,
DaOpa

Been Asking for the API before the game even launched..

game is still fairly new Im sure they will come up with something in due time. I agree on this as well.

17 (edited by Tereva Lostlagon 2011-05-16 21:39:36)

DEV Calvin wrote:

While I think the EP redistribution can actually add variety and color to the game, I agree that the characters' persistence need to be kept. To actually modify the system however requires extreme foresight, time and effort. It is on our task list however.

Thank for the answer.
Good to know this is on the to do list, since like MoBios and some others, I believe that be able to change identify easily will encourage foul play.

I mean if some want / like to play tough this is their choice (we are playing a sandbox after all), but I think it's better if they have to live with the consequences.

Tereva