Topic: Perpetuum Latency (2 Days to Patch)

I've seen the threads for drops and slow connections, but I haven't been able to logon for 2 days trying to download a 150MB patch. It took time just to load this page. I'm deeply concerned about paying for a subscription that I can't access. This go round attempt on the patch has been 20 minutes for a whole 2.25MB of the 150MB patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have performed tracert and using PingPlotter and definitely seeing some high ping times as the packets cross the ocean also seeing a lot of drops at 149.6.182.42 sometimes up to 50% loss.

Re: Perpetuum Latency (2 Days to Patch)

Last night I downloaded (2) patches concurrently in about 20 minutes starting at 8PM PST time; so the issue is not systemic.

Arga wrote:

Last night I downloaded (2) patches concurrently in about 20 minutes starting at 8PM PST time; so the issue is not systemic.

That can depend on the route. I've noticed that those in certain parts of the world(Eastern Europe and some others) seem to have less problems. I suspect its because the telcom infrastructure in Hungry is just not ready for prime time yet. That would mean that at least some of the problems are load based. The older systems they use just can't handle the load they are seeing at certain times of the day/night. That coupled with a less well developed infrastructure, would explain much of this.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

your always assuming that the hungarian net in hungary is that low in quality.

can you elaborate where that knowledge comes from? my connection to the perpetuum sever is acutally better and much more stable then it was to any NC-Soft server i have played on.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Wraith; The issue isn't with the Budapest connection. If you do the tracert, you'll see that the delay is from the US to Frankfurt, but from FRA to Budapest is usually less than 10 ms.

I've made the devs aware of the issue, and they are also aware that moving to London would correct it, so now we just have to wait until either funds and/or legal/logistical issues align for them to proceed.

I patched from California to Budapest - so not from EU. The issues are transient.

Arga wrote:

Wraith; The issue isn't with the Budapest connection. If you do the tracert, you'll see that the delay is from the US to Frankfurt, but from FRA to Budapest is usually less than 10 ms.

I've made the devs aware of the issue, and they are also aware that moving to London would correct it, so now we just have to wait until either funds and/or legal/logistical issues align for them to proceed.

I patched from California to Budapest - so not from EU. The issues are transient.

yup same thing. 100% packet loss from Frankfurt for me as well, random but it is there.