Topic: Should I start playing again?

(I wasn't sure if I should post this in the trial account area - But I played upon release so I decided to post here.)

Hey everyone. I played Perpetuum when it was released for about a month and a half. I enjoyed the game and community but college was eating up too much of my time, I couldn't see any major progress in game.

Should I start up again? I'm a little worried that this will be like Eve where I'll never have a chance to compete with vets, since I'll never be able to catch up to how much experience they have. One of the main draws to Perpetuum for me was that I was able to play on release, so I could be among the first to gain that precious exp.

Some advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

Re: Should I start playing again?

I was in the same situation.. I played briefly in beta and then continued for 2 months after release. I left, but just came back a couple of weeks ago.  If you join up with a good clan you should be fine.  I can't speak for the "solo" player, but playing with a good group of people you should have no trouble.  I suggest you give it another go!

Yea, just find a good corp and you're fine.  You'll always be collecting EP so you will never really be behind.

You speak of not being able to compete with the vets.

Think of it this way.

Just like school you have tons of people that have finished before you and have more working experience than those fresh out of school in the same field.

You have people just like you that are also fresh out of school.

Just because people have come before you doesn't mean you can't compete.

Of course this doesn't mean you can go solo you may need to gain some experience from those that came before you as you work along side of them. You can decide to work with those that are at the same level you are at.

Either way I would come back and find a good corp and have fun and not worry about if you can compete.

There is always something you can do to help a team. Even if that team is a vet team or fresh team.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm definitely going to start again.

I was also very pleasantly surprised when I just tried to log in. I completely forgot that I had purchased a 6mo sub before, so my account is still active! I have about 80K EP to spend yikes

Duo Maxwell wrote:

I have about 80K EP to spend yikes

Well, there ya go!  Things won't be so bad after all!

7 (edited by Duo Maxwell 2011-05-14 19:59:16)

Kynes wrote:
Duo Maxwell wrote:

I have about 80K EP to spend yikes

Well, there ya go!  Things won't be so bad after all!

No sir, it won't be! Just gotta figure out how to spend those points.. And find a nice corp. Not to go off topic, but anyone have any suggestions?

Depends on what you want from this game, if your over 25(TOG)
What type of leadership do you want from a corp? What system?

Duo Maxwell wrote:

Should I start up again?

yes

Shaedys wrote:

Depends on what you want from this game, if your over 25(TOG)
What type of leadership do you want from a corp? What system?

TOG seems like really cool guys, I'm considering applying. I'm 22 though, not sure if that will be a gamebreaker.

As for what I'd want in a corp, I'd like to get my feet wet with a little of everything. Pvp is always good.

G'day Duo,
Glad your looking again at Perp. Its getting better all the time. We would love you but you are right the game breaker is you are only 22. We know many under 25s are mature and would fit into our corp well, but the TOG community has one rule we can't break. You need to be 25 or over. Sorry Duo sad

TOG in perp is just a extension to the TOG community. We have over 40,000 members playing just about every game you can think of.

With the latest expansion there are better ways to finding a Corp that suits your game play and game style. I'm sure there are other Corps that would be very happy to have you.

Cheers

Ruval Sioned

Weren't you in fleetworks in eve?

Because the voices told me to do it.