Topic: Login Password

When I login with the wrong password, the client hangs for 1-2 minutes then goes through the disconnect process and tells me the server is down or my connection died.

It took me about 10 tries before I realized I had changed my password, then I got right in.

Maybe an incorrect password error would be helpful (assuming this is a bug and not a feature request).

Re: Login Password

Clicking on "ok" whith the wrong PW in makes the ok button grey out but nothing happens after that.
Additional i want to mention:

sometimes the client spams me with random error messages at the login screen, like "you have to activate your account" "Account expired" "confirm your email"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

sometimes the client spams me with random error messages at the login screen, like "you have to activate your account" "Account expired" "confirm your email"

aye, that's a worrying one when you see it for the first time ... mine appeared after the game logged me off through inactivity ( I forgot to move lol )

funny message i got was "you have insufficent rights" while trying to log out

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

this same cycle happens when your account is out of play time. Took me almost 10mins to realize my account was dead because it never got to the old screen that says your account needs to have more game time added.

6 (edited by Lupex 2011-05-27 09:15:47)

Have the same issue right now and can't log in.

password is correct have verified through account management

account expires 15 june so not that

I enter password, 'OK' box greys out on clicking or hitting enter then nothing, same happens if i enter a random incorrect password

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perpetuum client - build May 12 2011 12:28:41 - starting at 2011-05-27 20:07:21

[20:07:23] Loading layouts...
[20:07:23] Connecting...
[20:07:23] Connection successful...
[20:07:28] Update successful...
[20:07:28] Loading layouts...
[20:07:28] Initializing sound engine...
[20:07:28] Loading dictionary...
[20:07:29] Init done...
[20:07:29] Init successful...
[20:07:29] Connection valid...
[20:14:46] Disconnecting (reconnect: false)...

The client currently doesn't return any error messages due to a bug. It's somewhere on their list of things to fix when they have time.

I suggest if you can't log in and your account credential are correct it's probably a password issue. Try changing your password on the site here and then log in.

password changed, didn't make any difference sad

Alexander wrote:

The client currently doesn't return any error messages due to a bug. It's somewhere on their list of things to fix when they have time.

I suggest if you can't log in and your account credential are correct it's probably a password issue. Try changing your password on the site here and then log in.

i heard it should be fixed with the next patch

the login button will also grey out if you got kicked from server because you logged in with same account from second client.

can the powers that be un-log me, so i can actually log in properly then please

Lupex: try now please.

Any word on an ETA for that patch?

Thx zoom i'm in

The support from the Perpetuum Team and the community has been amazing

I get the same problem.. password is right but still cant log in.. when will this be fixed.:|

RG_Reaperinc: in your case it still must be a password issue. Try changing it and see if it works please.

These issues will be fixed in the patch on Monday.

I reset my modem and router last night, and both of my accounts were logged out. Although they were both sitting at the login screen. After that I havent been able to login to either of my main accounts for over 10 hours. The strange thing is that I can log into my other trial account and my brothers account with no problems. I have tried to reinstall and change my password, but everytime I try and login to my 2 main accounts the ok button will grey out and nothing happens. I have let it sit like that for over 10 mins and still nothing.

Im having the same issue Lupex was.

Should be all good now.