1 (edited by Karism 2011-05-13 14:32:49)

Topic: Some Ideas.

I'll update this when i think of more, but i'd like to post here to request some minor features/additions to the game.

1 - Automatic toggle

Currently, out on the terrain there is the option to change a module so it doesn't continue to cycle when turned on, this is useful for some modules, such as energy injectors, or local/remote armor repairers that you do not want running for more than one cycle at a time.

The only problem with this is that you have to set the module to manual, every time you deploy to terrain, so simply i'd like to see this be made avalaible as a toggle within the equip screen, and to stay the same, regardless of docking/teleporting etc.

Something like this - http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4130/automan.jpg

2- Loading Ammo

The way it is now, changing ammo in the midst of combat is a tricky business at best, that is why i propose that as well as including the ability to load all guns with a new type of ammo at once, add a new UI module, something like this - http://imageshack.us/m/14/2139/smallemammo.jpg, so that all it takes to load a new type of ammo into all the relavent guns is one click.

3 - Enhanced Squad UI

Haven't thought this one out completly, but the basic idea behind it is kind of a raid-type UI for your squad.

one click on the person name will lock them, a second click will unlock them, one for each armor/energy.

If the person is not within locking range the persons UI module would be dimmed/greyed out or something.

Quick rough mock up - http://imageshack.us/m/135/5802/squadl.jpg maybe have it a bit larger/longer than i put in this.

4 - Sub-squads -

I haven't though much about the details in this, especially how nexus's would function (maybe have tick box's within the subsquad leaders menu that set which nexus's could affect that subgroup), but i think would be a nice feature in order to manage large numbers of people and effectively use more than 3 nexus's within a squad.

On that note, can we have it so that Nexus's/demobs etc with higher values overide those with lower values, please?

Re: Some Ideas.

Best font ever. Why is the entire game not in this font.
Also, some nice ideas!

3 (edited by Snowstyle 2011-05-13 17:27:56)

I love the *** out of the ammo changing idea. I also love how in your raid ui it's Siddy getting himself killed.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Would definately appreciate being able to switch ammo in all guns at once.

5 (edited by Inda 2011-05-13 18:50:56)

If Karism allow, i write other idea because i think is good here.
It would be good to see, what module is on the robot, (i mean T1 or T4) in the equipmnent window when you are docked. Because you have many robots, and many fitted robots, and if you want find one is hard now.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

It would be good to see, what module is on the robot, (i mean T1 or T4) in the equipmnent window when you are docked. Because you have many robots, and many fitted robots, and if you want find one is hard now.

good thing, i completely agree with that!

Also, any idea about faster ammo-switching mechanic on terrain is good.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Karism wrote:

I'll update this when i think of more, but i'd like to post here to request some minor features/additions to the game.

1 - Automatic toggle

Currently, out on the terrain there is the option to change a module so it doesn't continue to cycle when turned on, this is useful for some modules, such as energy injectors, or local/remote armor repairers that you do not want running for more than one cycle at a time.

The only problem with this is that you have to set the module to manual, every time you deploy to terrain, so simply i'd like to see this be made avalaible as a toggle within the equip screen, and to stay the same, regardless of docking/teleporting etc.

Something like this - http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4130/automan.jpg

2- Loading Ammo

The way it is now, changing ammo in the midst of combat is a tricky business at best, that is why i propose that as well as including the ability to load all guns with a new type of ammo at once, add a new UI module, something like this - http://imageshack.us/m/14/2139/smallemammo.jpg, so that all it takes to load a new type of ammo into all the relavent guns is one click.

3 - Enhanced Squad UI

Haven't thought this one out completly, but the basic idea behind it is kind of a raid-type UI for your squad.

one click on the person name will lock them, a second click will unlock them, one for each armor/energy.

If the person is not within locking range the persons UI module would be dimmed/greyed out or something.

Quick rough mock up - http://imageshack.us/m/135/5802/squadl.jpg maybe have it a bit larger/longer than i put in this.

4 - Sub-squads -

I haven't though much about the details in this, especially how nexus's would function (maybe have tick box's within the subsquad leaders menu that set which nexus's could affect that subgroup), but i think would be a nice feature in order to manage large numbers of people and effectively use more than 3 nexus's within a squad.

On that note, can we have it so that Nexus's/demobs etc with higher values overide those with lower values, please?

Looks good, but no reason to implement new GUI for ammo -- just allow right clicking on ammo in inventory and selecting load all guns from there. Anything to get this in faster -- if the GUI would take longer i'd like to remove obstacles because this, with the bug that doesn't populate the sub menu's makes *** hard to get done in the midst of combat.

This is important.

wouldn't being able to bind ammo loads to hotkeys be faster?

UI allows you to assign 3 ammo types in the pulldown menu per module, then hotkey does "load Ammo" from slot 1,2 or 3

Arga wrote:

wouldn't being able to bind ammo loads to hotkeys be faster?

UI allows you to assign 3 ammo types in the pulldown menu per module, then hotkey does "load Ammo" from slot 1,2 or 3

I am all for the easiest way to get this functionality in for the Dev's we can work on making it pretty or giving it a GUI later.

my way would be more programming for sure, at min it would require a database change to hold the additional 'que' of possible ammo to select from. but it could be faster then trying to add it as selectable from the cargo hold.

from my non-programmers view, i think a drag&drop mechanic on terrain to load different ammo into modules from cargo would be the fastest to implement (take half of the code from equip screen).

they just have to modify it to not allow equip switching on terrain, and to make it work with cycletime, cooldown and reload time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 I fully agree.

regarding the squad UI, I think the first click should select the player, and a double click should lock him.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Good stuff, but instead of sub-squads just go the other way as it makes more sense. So 4(or 2) Squads make a battlegroup, 4(or 2) battlegroups make a fleet.

Then add leadership bonuses for squad, battlegroup, and fleet commanders and the skills for them.

Inda wrote:

Not all t4 gear? lol

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

Love the Ammo Idea. tongue