Topic: Assaults

This topic was brought before in other threads. I think its beter to make a dedicadet topic for this.

So people thinks that assaults are mostly useless now. So I want to hear ideas how would you like to change assaults, especially in PvP aspect.

In my opinion they need special long range weapons or robot range bonus.

Re: Assaults

i'd like to see speed and detection on par with lights personally and have sequers in their own class with the same stats they have now.  a bump in reactor so they can actually use those medium weapon slots would be nice as well.

maybe not everything at once, if i had choose one, it would be speed.  after the patch all lights are faster that doesn't seem right ;/

It really does seem that Assaults are only for PVE farming. I think they would be more viable if they were more versatile, Able to fit what their Ewar counterparts can fit or as stated us their med weapons slots with out sacrificing their small weapons or head slots for it. Or possibly give them all a NEXUS bonuses like -99% cpu useage of nexus mods with a 10% bonus to the nexus's natural bonus. Even with the range buff they received they still seem a pointless option for pvp.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

to make assault more usefull:
1. increase base mass of them for two reasons:
- an assault bot should be able to maintain full speed, even fully fitted without LWF. 40kph is...
- medium weapons should be a valid option on assaults, without slowing them down to much
2. rebalance CPU/Reactor if necessary to fit two medium weapons.
3. add a medium weapon damage bonus to them.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

How about shield generator? Small shield generators arent fitting assault bots, only lights. But for what goddamn reason light bots need shields?!

Kristan Delorian wrote:

How about shield generator? Small shield generators arent fitting assault bots, only lights. But for what goddamn reason light bots need shields?!

What are you talking about?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

7 (edited by Arga 2011-05-06 23:47:21)

I've been running around PVE, with 1 med laser, but even with a 5.6 disp the average damge on lights is about the same as just having that 5th small laser, but it sucks up all the AP (even with the boost in the patch). I didn't even notice the increased range in general operation. I don't have a stabilzer yet, but suspect that it would just be too heavy for an assault anyway to make sense for (1) weapon, even for PVE.

Kristan Delorian wrote:

yeah, what you mean? t4 small shield (i know, its t4... ) has 4m radius, Assaults are 4m = 100% efficiency.
Waspish, Castel and Trojar can deploy shields pretty well, stacked with an evasive module and the right NEXUS combination, you can make a well tanked light squad.

The main issue here is again - speed.
lights and assaults without LWF are slower then fully fit mechs/heavy mechs with lwf, while mechs got more legslots to compensate.

dunno how hard it is to fit a mk2 waspish with small shield, evasive, one shield tuning, one missile tuinig, 5 launcher, one LWF and a sensor amp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

So the main idea is to make assaults be able to use medium weapons and have bonuses for that. Well, that's a great idea for sure, I have nothing against it. Especially now when devs buffed locking range and accumulator.

Devs... your move.

Or there any other ideas?

Whats the point of using medium weapons on an assault, when you can just use a mech?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Assaults are more evasive against medium weapons.

Assaults are cheaper.
Assaults are meant to Assault something.

someones urgent short-sighted wish to remove the 10% damage bonus vs. mechs, without compensation,  made them useless.

A speed-fit kain can oneshot speed-fit arbalests. probably max 2 salvos against a bapho.
Small bots with 1 less weapon and headslot got more chances against mechs then assaults.

my points from above (post #4) are not single options - they need to be applied at once.

13 (edited by Kristan Delorian 2011-05-09 16:17:51)

Assaults are small. They are evasive against medium weapons. They can use terrain more effective. 1 mech < 2 assaults with med weapons. If one gets damaged the second one will finish the job. Assaults with medium weapons will work as mech busters. And assaults are way easily to spec, which will give chance to new players even in intrusions as fire support.

Its better to be them like this than useless like now.

I would'nt categorize (2) med weapons out of (5) as a mech buster; on the baphomet at least. They would have to make a huge change to be able to fit Med-HCL's on the assualt, but only a small change to fit LCL; meaning the mechs are still also going to have a huge range advantage over the assault as well as the additional head slots.

Speed is king. I think you would mess with the dps all you wanted, and assaults still wouldn't get used in any kind of roaming.

Annihilator wrote:

someones urgent short-sighted wish to remove the 10% damage bonus vs. mechs, without compensation,  made them useless.

Lets get that bonus back!!!!! It would make them a viable option to roam with or have on standby... Mechs just got a mod to make them hit smaller objects. Let the Assaults hit harder.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

the bonus had a little flaw, and implementing it unchanged would make medium laser and medium missiles able to recieve that bonus against Mechs or heavy mechs (with the weaponstabs)

also any generic bonus would probably boost smalls and light ewar again more then assaults.