Topic: idea for marketing the game

ok being I found this game by accident while browseing mmorph.com and missclicked. and while being in irc said that your researching marketing ideas one came to mind.

develop a recruit a friend program that offers a reward to current subscribers.

example could be players invite there friends to join the game.

the new player likes the game and purchases a 30 day sub

then the person who invited them gets a buddy credit on his/her account

can award 1 credit for each month for first 3 months a new account has a paid sub

then thos credits can be used to purchase a new bot of there choseing

say light or assult cost 1 credit mech 2 credits heavy mech 3 credits.

or any value

this would encourage players to get new people into game which makes game grow and puts money into the developers pockets.

I know first thought is whats to stop people from just makeing a bunch of accounts just to get free bots? I say who cares there paying for thos accounts so game makes money who cares if somebody makes 10 accounts just to get free bots they paid for the accounts lol

just an idea this is a great game if more people knew about it i bet would see alot more people comeing to the game

Re: idea for marketing the game

We used to have a referral program before free trials were added.  It would be cool to see it come back in some way.

Giving away bots is probably not attractive since a huge part of the game's appeal is the player-driven economy.  Anything that interferes with that is a negative.  It's more likely they would give out free game time for successful referrals.

Definitely agree on getting the word out there though.  We have some banner ads on mmorpg.com (maybe the one you misclicked smile ).

Re: idea for marketing the game

Check this link.
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … tiy-sites/

I have, at least for the german communty, measurable perpetuum promotions going, on most of all german gaming communties forums. Measurable, because I do a little bit of rekruitment for SK and through google analytics, I can see from which sites, the most refers are coming. Plus the feedback I am getting from some german PO players, who mention, that they got first interressted in perpetuum, through those posts.

Its an easy way to support perpetuum.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY