Topic: Lots of Assault and some MK II love

Robots and modules

Change: Increased the locking range of assault bots (Waspish, Arbalest, Baphomet and their Mk2 variants).
Change: Increased the base accumulator of assault robots (Waspish, Arbalest, Baphomet and their Mk2 variants).
Change: Increased the number of maximum locked targets of all Mk2 robots by 2.

So, will the increased range and AP make the assualts more useful now?

That extra 2 targets is going to make mining/harvesting MK-II bots more popular for sure.

2 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-04 20:08:04)

Re: Lots of Assault and some MK II love

Dude instead of that cat picture a lightbot but with a POPTART as the frame, and then put this music in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

^-- That's me

Mara Kaid wrote:

Dude instead of that cat picture a lightbot but with a POPTART as the frame, and then put this music in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

^-- That's me

Weeeee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BorQ_ULcvss

GONADS AND STRIFE

so... as you may remember, i did that little experiment with Med lasers on the baph, and found it just used too much AP. I'm wondering just how much more AP we are getting. If it can run a med laser, it will be my bot of choice for farming alpha-II npcs, and maybe now I can drop to just 1 sensor amp

i would love to have the weapon damage bonus of mk1 assault bots applied on small and medium weapons.

that would make them very intresting imho.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by zigZag 2011-05-04 21:41:05)

you can put the 50 meter increase in lock range for the assaults in the newbie love box.

It saves you 2 3k in EP early on to put in cpu, and reactor expansions, to equip weapon tuners. My long range targeting is at 7 to keep ahead of missile propellant 5. There is no DPS changes, or anything to help closing time to get into range of mechs, or escape times. 

And i only have my light robot control at 5 because i don't know any roles for a assault with high extensions. But i wont advocate a speed buff to encourage zergs, or blobs, or mobs or whatever we call them.

just 2 cents.

The assualt could find a niche if it supported both med and small weapons with the bot bonus, the step between that its supposed to be.

have you ever tried a waspish with one t4 small armor repair, t4 repari tuning and an active t4 kinetic plate?

should be hard to kill while maintaining good dps with t4 launcher

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

10 (edited by zigZag 2011-05-04 23:59:54)

no its all t2 only things on the market i can afford.  With three weapon tuners its just standard plate, the plate puts it at 50.5kph sorta.  It runs good on AI and being new, i am more interested in ammo use per AI then anything else, right now. The waspish is fun to drive though and ill probably try many fits while it eats up EP...lol. So its DPS until lvl 10 with energy, and cpu coming along for the ride. Then ill go looking for T4 stuff.