Topic: does every account require a different email adress ?

hi, i just started yesterday or a few hours before the latest big patch.

I did not fully understand the EP useage ect and have been told i am severly gimped.

my question is, if i wanted to make a new account would i need to find a new email adress for it ?

Re: does every account require a different email adress ?

Hi Rip.

I may be corrected here, but ...

Each account is bound to the email address it was created with. The trial accounts are just like normal accounts, but with a few features disabled. This means you can apply a game code to the trial account without interruption. The down side is that if you do want to drop the trial account and start over, you will need to use a new email address. The penalties for account resets are fairly high, and its best to avoid that and start a new account if you are not invested in this particular trial account.

3 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-05-04 22:45:13)

Firstly, you can simply delete your character and reset your account to get the EP back (Only works once, so be careful with the EP this time, hehe)

Secondly, yes, each account does require a separate e-mail address.

Arga beat me to it, resets can indeed be expensive, but the first one is free. Nonetheless, if you have not invested much in this account at all, it might be worth creating a new one so you can keep the free reset.

ok thx for the quick replys,would it help if i reset acount and made a new avatar without the mistakes ? or does the EP only work for the avatar that had it

5 (edited by Crepitus 2011-05-04 22:51:39)

Riptear wrote:

ok thx for the quick replys,would it help if i reset acount and made a new avatar without the mistakes ? or does the EP only work for the avatar that had it

EP is account wide.  if you reset you get all of it back.  but don't do it more than once unless you want a 20% hit on the total each time.

and since you're on the trial you should probably just try to stick it out a bit or re-register if you want a fresh start w/o having to worry about losing 20% of your EP when you wanna reset again in a few months.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

but my email account is allready used,theres no way to delete that whole account and make a new one.

Riptear wrote:

but my email account is allready used,theres no way to delete that whole account and make a new one.

You could ask them to remove it for you with the customer support email, since you're on a trial they probably would *shrug*.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

oh ok, ill give it a try, what can it hurt :} thx

Riptear, do you have this resolved?