1 (edited by Ral 2011-03-16 15:55:19)

Topic: A few easily implemented changes I'd like to see

So there's a lot of discussion here about what I consider "big" changes, that would require lots of dev time and potential balance issues (AoE, jumpjets).  I'd like to take this opportunity to bring up a few little changes that would add some polish to the game, that wouldn't take long to implement.  If this catches the attention of a Dev, maybe these could be implemented soon, just to add that last little bit of polish to some game features that are already in.

Some of these have been mentioned already, but for the sake of organization I'll list them again.

-An assets view, where you can see everything you own and where it is stored
-A "set destination" option on the map, which will highlight a map landmark on the radar, so you don't have to keep the map open while traveling
-Ability to view market outside station - Already implemented
-Ability to interact with market outside station (dependent on extensions, like that other game)
-Ability to change market orders without cancelling and re-listing (allowing remote changes to orders in other stations)
-A total EP count on Agent Info screen
-Total EP counts per categories (Robot Control, Weapon Usage, etc). Percentage of total EP?
-A "time to upgrade" next to the EP needed for an extension.  "3500 EP (2d10h20m)" Just to get an idea of how long you need to save without doing maths.
-A total number of players online. Even once chat bugs are fixed there is no "mandatory" channel so even General numbers won't be inclusive of everyone.

Asset and market stuff is just to make life easier and stimulate the economy a little.  If we could change prices on our orders more easily, prices would change more often and be more competitive, which might stimulate more buying and selling.

EP changes are just for sense of satisfaction, look at how much EP I have, I remember when I only had this much, etc.  Quickly figure out how much you have in a certain category to identify how specialized you are in that area.

Total number of players is critical, with such a small population, it will be a lot of fun to watch the number grow and reach new milestones.  This also gives an idea of the potential for PvP encounters at a given time, competition for resources, etc. How massively multiplayer the game is at the moment.

What other ideas do people have?  Remember we're talking about easily implemented changes that might get into an upcoming patch, so no new modules or balance changers.

Re: A few easily implemented changes I'd like to see

-Ability to view market outside station

-> Is allready there ...

The other ideas are quite nice...

Natasya wrote:

-Ability to view market outside station

-> Is allready there ...

The other ideas are quite nice...

Oops.

Some interesting ideas.
I like the idea of allow way-points to be placed on the map without having to be at the location.
Pretty much every single person wants an asset list. We'll need it BEFORE the new islands come in.
Without an asset list I don't think people should be able to buy things remotely. Traders should have to travel between locations and thus our own Jita shall form and we'll get a unified trading location (Currently ICS-Alpha).
Total EP counts would be cool. Not hard to add to the client.
Total players online is possible currenty but a set number would be nice on the log in screen.

The Game

How do you get total players online?

by looking at the user feed.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

The Game

The total ep counts would be nice, i think that right now only those of use using perpplanner have good idea on this. But Sure some breakdowns ingame would be nice.

As im a numbers person i like all that sort of info. Like how much i have in X Extension tree, % of my total ep, total ep and this can lead to other things like charts and what not.

Oh and is it me or is the infographic site down did someone forget to feed gargaj and his wheel stopped.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

on/off switch for each landmark you placed will be good.

Have a productive day, Runner

10 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-17 12:46:20)

Line wrote:

on/off switch for each waypoint you placed will be good.

Signed.

The Game

some r nice ideas indeed
i'd really find usefull some better assets managment tools too
remote browsing, contracts (like that other game), ability to craft etc from corporate hangars, ability to check logs remotely etc

asset management <3.

Other idea's would be nice to.

I would like to have custom paint jobs for the bots to.

Agree with paint jobs, but that might not fall under the category of "easily implemented."

Another thing I just thought of, naming our bots.  There are even two spots for a name in the Equip screen, one big and one small, so it seems like its already designed for one of those to become a customizable name.

Ral wrote:

Another thing I just thought of, naming our bots.  There are even two spots for a name in the Equip screen, one big and one small, so it seems like its already designed for one of those to become a customizable name.

Rightclick robot, rename smile

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ral wrote:

Rightclick robot, rename smile

Doh, thanks.  See, this thread is educational!

One more thing, a mute button in the options.  Of course you can drag all the sliders down, but a mute button would be convenient.

Line wrote:

on/off switch for each landmark you placed will be good.

/Agree

17 (edited by Arga 2011-04-21 21:34:50)

Heres a really interesting article about user interfaces. Its about angry birds, but the cognitive aspects apply to any interface. Maybe we can bribe this guy to play and offer insight, with offers of free sequars and sekrit mining spots!

http://www.mauronewmedia.com/blog/2011/ … xperience/