Topic: Transport Assignment Modification ...

Well, the way I see it is like this.  Seek and Destroy Assignments 'auto complete' when you kill the last npc unit.  It would be nice if every assignment 'auto completed' upon docking in the station with the required items. 

The ability to select 'auto complete' or 'manual complete' could be in the 'game play' section of the options. 

It would also be nice if the 'system messages' were removed or able to be turned off.  They stay active even if you undock from the station ... annoying!

Perhaps highlight the assignments that are able to be completed at the current station. 

Please do something to fix the locking up when returning and acquiring the assignments with the main assignment window open. 

One more thing, please be aware that many people have specc'd just to do transport assignments, and when you change them, you might make those of us that had quite unhappy if they feel 'nerfed' and we do not get any and all EP's back that we placed into the Extensions required to effectively do them.  Which does include Industrial Robotics for the Squeaker. 

Thats about it for now.  Yay!  lol

-Veliera

2 (edited by Crepitus 2011-04-16 12:59:51)

Re: Transport Assignment Modification ...

Veliera wrote:

Well, the way I see it is like this.  Seek and Destroy Assignments 'auto complete' when you kill the last npc unit.  It would be nice if every assignment 'auto completed' upon docking in the station with the required items. 

The ability to select 'auto complete' or 'manual complete' could be in the 'game play' section of the options. 

It would also be nice if the 'system messages' were removed or able to be turned off.  They stay active even if you undock from the station ... annoying!

Perhaps highlight the assignments that are able to be completed at the current station. 

Please do something to fix the locking up when returning and acquiring the assignments with the main assignment window open. 

One more thing, please be aware that many people have specc'd just to do transport assignments, and when you change them, you might make those of us that had quite unhappy if they feel 'nerfed' and we do not get any and all EP's back that we placed into the Extensions required to effectively do them.  Which does include Industrial Robotics for the Squeaker. 

Thats about it for now.  Yay!  lol

-Veliera

As someone who is currently soloing the game on alpha, if they nerf transport, which is the only viable revenue stream, I'll probably just drop game. 

I have about 49 days left on my primary account (out of 105) and I find myself logging in less and less due to the titanic grind to do *anything*, I'm already debating whether I'll just buy darkspore with my re-sub money and disappear since it appears to have much more accessible and dynamic pvp out of the box (and this *is* a pvp game, it's why most of us are here, not to play virtual trucker).

This is after I considered getting year subs for 3 accounts.  I like a lot of the stuff that the dev's are doing, but for every 3 or 4 great changes they make (for everyone) they make 1 really terrible one that hurts non-'endgame' corp players and the big stuff is *slow* in coming. 

This kind of thing coupled with horrendous lag/spikes/disconnects due to having made a very poor (in my opinion) choice for server location makes it hard to sustain subs for people not in the immediate vicinity of Budapest and/or Europe (although the forums have plenty of complaints about server issues from them as well).

I'm glad to see that they're finally doing a little advertising but if they can't keep players it does little good to have a revolving door.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Also, in case anyone is interested, I just finished doing a head to head test of different transport missions on ICS Alpha.

My 2 mining/indy/transport guys run transport together in squad.  These stats are the money earned on 1 guy by having both guys run the same missions and doing all of them as squad assignments.

Both accounts are using diplomacy 5, basic parallel assignments 4, headhunter 3, logistics 1, navigation 9 (with t4 lightweight frames) and my corp has a 10% tax rate (which comes off the top, as most of you already know).

This is from doing the tier 1 assignment circuit (ics alpha -> asintec alpha -> truhold-markson alpha -> ics alpha) in sequers:

---------------
289460.25 (1 run 2 guys, 10% taxes, per guy) about 12 minutes

This is from doing the tier 2/3 assignments (ics alpha -> galoly op -> berwelam op -> radholme op -> ics alpha):

--------------
259490.29 (1 run 2 guys, 10% taxes, per guy) about 30 minutes t2/t3 transport mixed

Relations are 17% on one guy, 14% on the other, so having more in basic parallel assignments, higher rep (for more mission access) and higher headhunter/logistics etc would make more money.

But it is clear that t1 pays far better than t2/3 does (more money in less than half the time).

None of these figures take the ammo rewards in to account.

Obviously, transport missions are boring and time consuming, in my opinion they should pay as well or even better than they do just for this reason. 

Like other people I'd like to see player contracts for transport (this could easily be done by using the generic data console model so that people don't have their gear stolen/griefed).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

4 (edited by Arga 2011-04-16 18:22:32)

Cerp, there are 5 possible T2/T3 missions starting from ICS alpha and 4 more at Galoley (6 but one goes to beta). Being able to do 7 (parr assignment 6 is a reasonable EP, level 7 isn't worth the 32k for that last assignment) gives you those 2 additional missions (~80k more) you can pick up and makes the T2/T3 much better.

The faction ammo for the T2/T3 does sell for more, if anyone is buying. The larger volume of T1 ammo from mass transport missions makes the market a little better too for T2 ammo.

Logistics specializtion 5, for 10% more, will also yeild more on the T2/3 with those 2 extra assignments.

To be fair though, on the T1 missions, with 7 assignments, you can also make more NIC.

Once rep is maxed out, T1 missions are less stressful. But as an industry player, I find myself moving materials between the level II outposts anyway, so I integrate the assignments into the travel (which slows the moving down, but provides a tangible reward).

TLDR; T2/3 transports don't directly pay more, but have more potential uses, while T1's are better for straight NIC grinding.

I feel that the whole Transportation system needs an overhaul of sorts.  Some types of issue fixing for one and secondly ... cargo expanders like in EvE. 

The drawbacks would be ... NO LWF ... with the added bonus's and additional drawback as listed.

Let me be more specific. 

t1 - 5% Speed Reduction +2% Cargo Capacity +2% Armor HP's +2% Demob Resistance
t2 - 5% Speed Reduction +3% Cargo Capacity +3% Armor HP's +3% Demob Resistance
t3 - 4% Speed Reduction +5% Cargo Capacity +4% Armor HP's +4% Demob Resistance
t4 - 4% Speed Reduction +7% Cargo Capacity +4% Armor HP's +4% Demob Resistance
4p- 3% Speed Reduction +10% Cargo Capacity +5% Armor HP's +5% Demob Resistance

Well, the math comes out kinda sad at lower levels, however a t4p would give a Squeaker Mk2 the following :

15% Speed Reduction +40u more Cargo Capacity +25% Armor HP's +25% Demob Resistance

The Materials Required to Manufacture such item are ...

100 Alligior
100 Chollin
250 Vitricyl
1 Standard Small Armor Plate
1 Standard Medium Armor Plate

The kernel required would drop off a New Hauler type found as a random spawn on the Charlie Islands.  New Kernel type - Ethreal (a slivery black sheen).

Any thoughts on my thought?  tongue

>giggles< 

-Veliera

We went through a similar exercise before in another thread about cargo expanders. What it boiled down to was basically;

The speed reduction would be from two things, the penalty and the mass of the module, so there wouldn't really be a need to make a specific penalty, the tiered items would just be lighter.

The soft cap for any expander is 99.9U without requiring a change to transport missions. changing the missions is a different arguement, but is currently a restraint that needs to be worked within ( beta transport is 2x 50U, doing it in one trip would make it seriously over compenstated).

So, modules would need to be unique or be very heavy and limited to a fixed size of 19.9U or 24.99%; but the % unit would become very OP on the larger bots like the Lithus so more likley just a fixed size.

About the only time this would be useful is if you had 99 U to haul, and it saved you 1 round trip. For sustained transport missions, the loss of speed wouldn't matter because it wouldnt be useful for the beta run and the T2/3 full load is less than 80U. In mining ops, a single 80U seq can run continually and stay ahead of the mining team, and if its a big team, than 1 Lithus can do the job faster than with 1 240 U trip than 2.4 99.9 U trips even if its slower.

TL;DR - Cargo is probably the best balanced bots in the game, it could be improved of course, but it would need to be analzed for the impact it would have on all areas of the game.

For myself, cargo expanders would fulfill a need when mining away from the home station.  So if I am mining on Attalica and my home base is Dari Outpost ... the extra space on my Squeaker would prove quite beneficial when it comes to moving the stuff.  As I would really only use it for transporting my assets on Alpha. 

-Veliera

sure it would became quite benefical...

we got corpmates, alts or simple, more runs for that wink

and soon a lithus.

btw, did someone ever told you that your name sounds similar to the german word for "loser" ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

9 (edited by Arga 2011-04-17 01:14:59)

There will always be that 'GRR' volume where it pushes you to a second trip regardless. 120 U is two trips with either an 80 or 100U capacity, but it will actually be slower with a speed penalty on the 100U bot.

So, you end up spending big NIC on a 'situational' module; people are rarely happy buying something that isn't useful, especially when that item is expensive.

Edit: which is why it was determined if a module was to be added, it couldn't effect speed, but that's not possible since it has mass it will always make the bot slower, so it would have to double the capacity to make it always better, but then it runs into the 'soft cap' 99U issue.