Topic: recycling skill give you very poor material ratio !!

Hi down there,

I have recycling at level 9 (and Hight grade recycling at level 5).
In a recycling level 2 plant I only got a material ratio of 43%.

To me this is a very low ratio for a level 9 skill !
I was expecting to reach about 80% (like you can have with refining).

I feel a little cheated here, since there is no way to know you will get this low ratio without spending EP first.
IMHO 43% for a level 9, is not worth the EP.

I don't know why the ratio is so low. Perhaps there is a good reason (I would love to know it tongue ), but common sense would say a level 9 skill should give a a much better material ratio.

Any insight welcome.

Take care

Tereva

Re: recycling skill give you very poor material ratio !!

Tereva Lostlagon wrote:

I don't know why the ratio is so low. Perhaps there is a good reason (I would love to know it tongue ), but common sense would say a level 9 skill should give a a much better material ratio.

It's called "game balance" and is very VERY good that you can't get "infinite, free" minerals with high recycling + high relations like you can in certain other sci-fi mmo.

You can get some but not all so now those miners have something to do since mineral input through loot recycling is at best something like ~40%

3 (edited by Tereva Lostlagon 2011-04-14 08:15:20)

Who talked about infinite free minerals ?
Farming bots to salvage mods is as good a strategy as mining imo (and it's nothing free or 'infinite').

But again, the real issue is that you don't know that before you spend EP !
Common sense make you expect a much better mat ratio.

Perhaps the game is better balanced that way, but i would have spend my EP elsewhere if I had known that.

The game could definitively helps some doc (and I know doc is boring to write...).

Take care

Tereva

4 (edited by Annihilator 2011-04-14 11:53:34)

Tereva Lostlagon wrote:

Who talked about infinite free minerals ?
Farming bots to salvage mods is as good a strategy as mining imo (and it's nothing free or 'infinite').

you can build stuff for less then 100% of the listed materials (something around 60% is realistic)

you can get recycling up to 55% if i remember correctly, so - any higher is dangerous

Tereva Lostlagon wrote:

But again, the real issue is that you don't know that before you spend EP !
Common sense make you expect a much better mat ratio.

Perhaps the game is better balanced that way, but i would have spend my EP elsewhere if I had known that.

The game could definitively helps some doc (and I know doc is boring to write...).

Take care

Tereva

Extension:Recycling wrote:

Each level of this extension raises the material efficiency of the Recycling Plant by an additional 3%.

lvl9 = 9*3% = 27%
open recycling plant displays your total material efficiency
before you have spent any points in that extension, you could see the base rate for that plant. (i think it was something around 10% or 15% for a rank I recycling plant)

additional information: ingame help

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Is the Mod being recycled condition a factor in the recycling equation? IE a perfect LWF gives me x amount of mats back and a damaged gives me > x amount? Just wondering.

Khader Khan wrote:

Is the Mod being recycled condition a factor in the recycling equation? IE a perfect LWF gives me x amount of mats back and a damaged gives me > x amount? Just wondering.

Yes

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

simple formula there - item has 50% condition -> you will get only 50% of what you would get from a repaired item.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear