Topic: New outpost infinite sell orders. :(

Just a heads up from one of the players focussing on trading - the new patch's sell orders for ammo and mining charges are kind of sad for me.

I was just managing to source mining charges in large enough quantities to start covering ICS-A, and had begun to cover the other alpha terminals.

I'm sure that the benefits to the playerbase by having sell orders for mining everywhere will outweigh my small misery, but trading mining charges is now likely to be very difficult. A manufacturer who wants to try and cover all outposts will need to cover 28 sell orders per island, wheras with the trade in mining charges centralized in the alpha terminals it was possible to sell them from that central location, with seven per island.

Maybe if there were a way to check the rates at outposts remotely, to discover where charges are being sold and bring them there, it might help, or some other solution... but as it is I suspect a part of my trading experience, which I was enjoying, is possibly now obsolete. sad

Re: New outpost infinite sell orders. :(

IMO NPC sell orders should be being removed not added. This recent ammunition addition is pretty terrible for the low level manufacturer.

I think infinite sell orders at ICS-A are okay, particularly when the prices are high enough to qualify as 'seriously extortionate'. That provides a lot of space for the players to manufacture the same goods more cheaply. (There are a lot of infinite sell orders I'd like to see doubled or trebled in cost, for instance, to open up space for player trade.)

The big problem for me is the infinite orders at all the outposts - there's less motivation for people to travel back to the terminals for consumables, thus providing a central market. If we just knew where certain consumables were needed in large quantities it'd help a lot, but it's kind of difficult to puzzle out.

With the new Islands coming, there will be even more outposts to cover. But you can change rates remotely, which should help a little, but it sounds like what they did was make it so one player woudn't be able to supply all markets, and that you'll need to pick an area.

The upside like you say, is that you can set a price slightly lower than the infinite sell, and players will know that is a 'good' price so may buy more readily. Central trading areas will still be more competitive, because as you say, there are fewer of them and easier to cover.

Sellers should be selling as as many locations as they can to maximize profits however more NPC seeds should not be added.

The Game

Those sell orders have been added for the very reason that merely ~30% of the outposts were covered by player ammo orders, at best. This very much set back the transition to level 2 assignments and moving to those outposts because it was very hard to maintain daily life there.
Of course if we see that the markets pick up there, we can consider removing NPC orders again.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Of course if we see that the markets pick up there, we can consider removing NPC orders again.

Do mining charges and ammo sales from the NPC sell orders show up on the sales rates charts in the order screens? There just needs to be a way for us to know where people are buying their consumables, so we can go and supply them.

Yeah, now people can live easier away from the main outposts which is cool!!

Not many people were making stuff for the outside outpost because the commerce wasn't there often.

Thanks for this change. It's much easier now to work away from the main hubs

Samada Achadi wrote:

Do mining charges and ammo sales from the NPC sell orders show up on the sales rates charts in the order screens? There just needs to be a way for us to know where people are buying their consumables, so we can go and supply them.

Currently NPC orders do not show up on the graphs, but it can be done, you raise a valid point there.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently NPC orders do not show up on the graphs, but it can be done, you raise a valid point there.

Something else that would help traders supply the outposts would be some kind of 'traffic' stat that could be viewed about the outpost, so that we can see how many individual people visit that outpost every day. I'd be much happier about hauling a ton of goods somewhere if I knew that people were, at least, frequently using the terminal.

Samada Achadi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Something else that would help traders supply the outposts would be some kind of 'traffic' stat that could be viewed about the outpost, so that we can see how many individual people visit that outpost every day. I'd be much happier about hauling a ton of goods somewhere if I knew that people were, at least, frequently using the terminal.

How about an icon on the amount traded graph line and when you hang your pointer over it will show the name of the terminal or outpost where that amount was bought or sold.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23