1 (edited by CrepitusAntiPettyPeople 2011-03-27 13:33:16)

Topic: Endless geoscanning results window refreshes

I got disconnected at the 2 server time euro DST change.  I was in the middle of mining when it happened and was holding open a field container.  When I came back I tried to turn my scanning results back on so I could see where I needed to click.

The geoscanning results window refreshes every 3 seconds or so to the top of the list of all scans and won't let you click on old ones.

A new scan seems to pause it for a few extra seconds until you click back over to the results window, the new scan is clickable and will display on the terrain but then the refreshes start again and it goes to the top of the list over and over.  DEV Zoom asked me to post about it so here it is smile

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I also re-logged voluntarily some time after the disconnect which also didn't work.

Re: Endless geoscanning results window refreshes

If you have multiple clients is it effect all of them. Are multiple accounts using the same client also effected?

If the issue is the client and not the account/server then at least you can fix the issue.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

If you have multiple clients is it effect all of them. Are multiple accounts using the same client also effected?

If the issue is the client and not the account/server then at least you can fix the issue.

It was only on 1 account and 1 client, I run 2 clients and 3 accounts and the clients are their own folders on separate physical hard drives.  The other client that was logged in was running a sequer at the time and the 1 that was effected was mining with a container open and a lot of results in the window.

I haven't tested it yet today, having been not just logged out but with the clients closed for about 7 hours since I went to bed last night wink

4 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-27 22:27:53)

you said you got disconnected during the DST change -
could it be that many other player just logged back? AFAIK chat events still trigger a window refresh, especially geoscanner result window.

oh and btw,
you can't run the same client multiple times at at the same time...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

you said you got disconnected during the DST change -
could it be that many other player just logged back? AFAIK chat events still trigger a window refresh, especially geoscanner result window.

oh and btw,
you can't run the same client multiple times at at the same time...

No, just to confirm, I'm *STILL* having this happen regularly, it's happening as I write this. 

Also, I have 2 separate clients in 2 different folders on 2 different hard drives and it was never an issue before that DST reset.