Re: New Trial Limitations

Suey wrote:

Nope. It's fine the way it is.
They spend a few days getting a feel for the game, if they like it then they sub.
Letting them join corps etc straight up just screws everyone around, including other people in the corp.
Most people who have played for a couple of hours have made up their minds whether they like it or not.
I can just see Natasya leading 15 trial corp mates in Arkhe's onto a Beta Island to show them how it's done, no thanks.

It may not interest you, but should interest the devs. In this case, i was able to get the trial player to make a sub.

It was quite hard work and without knowing him RL it wouldnt have fit. His first impression : WTF, w stupid game with no intense, no quests, boring missions, why do you play that ?

Now hes getting interested in skills and fits, he does in a Baphomet i gave him, cause he subscribed and i could.

Otherwise, it would have been another player we ... wont have to play with.

Im wondering why so many people here shout "its okay" when they have to know that we have an avergae player base of 200 around and EVERY LITTLE BARRIER FOR NEW PLAYERS counts against us.

Do you like it this way ? Do you want it to stay 200 players on average ?

Everyone with common sense at the state of the game should know we needs fresh players.

And theres nothing better to join a complex game then a mentor. Those mentors are working hard (and of coz) for their corps to get new players integrated.

Its just ridiculous to say "Nah, those few poeple there that wont join us because we want trial restrictions".

Perhaps the same people will QQ when the game shuts down due to it having too less players roll

Caithleen wrote:

It may not interest you, but should interest the devs. In this case, i was able to get the trial player to make a sub.

It was quite hard work and without knowing him RL it wouldnt have fit. His first impression : WTF, w stupid game with no intense, no quests, boring missions, why do you play that ?

Now hes getting interested in skills and fits, he does in a Baphomet i gave him, cause he subscribed and i could.

I'm not a prophet, and this player may stay, but the trial really is to let people get a first impression without having to subscribe.

Lets say that this person didn't have you around, they would have logged out and not come back. There's nothing wrong with that, not everyone is going to like this game, its not a 'main stream' type of game.

People that play the game and like look, feel, and challenge don't need a free assault, NIC, and modules to get them to stay.

There are a lot of things that could be better, and there are 100's of suggestion posts, but the dev's can only do so much each day. So while the game may not be attractive to most players now, they should check back in 6 mo's, and it will be different.

Yes, the well known 'trick' to keep MMO players is to get them invested in a character. But in a full loot game like this, it takes even more, since you can literally lose everything except your EP.

28 (edited by Caithleen 2011-03-24 22:28:48)

xxx