Topic: Ramdisk: make the game load faster

1 make sure you have 1 gb extra RAM
2 install this software http://memory.dataram.com/products-and- … e/ramdisk? is free for ramdisks under 4gb smile
3 install the software and create a ramdisk the size should be 1000 MB
4 select the unformatted option
5 go to load and save and create a image so the program save the ramdisk, so when you stop the ramdisk the game will be saved there so you dont have to copy the game folder all the time
6 go to control panel -> disk manager and make a new partition on your ramdisk
7 you will have a 997 mb disk now
8 copy the perpetuum folder on the new disk
9 on perpetuum settings disable combat and chat log or remember to move this files from time to time to other folder
10 move the screen shots after you make them

if you have a SSD you wont need to do this, this is mostly for ppl whit 7200RPM HDD smile

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Re: Ramdisk: make the game load faster

If you look hard enough there is a free application that does the same thing.

tRens wrote:

dear sir or troll plz next time make a constructive post where you add a link to said app

Are the load times even bad? I don't even notice them but then again my games drive is a raid array.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

serenekaos wrote:

Are the load times even bad? I don't even notice them but then again my games drive is a raid array.

Would you like a cookie?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Would you like a cookie?

No, I would like you to answer my question.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

7 (edited by tRens 2010-11-29 20:37:16)

Sup bro..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257405

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/ramdisk-guide-131

Stop trying to sell your warez on teh internets.

Ohh! that took a few seconds with google.com.

Dawg, look..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ramdisk+windows

Outlaw wrote:
tRens wrote:

dear sir or troll plz next time make a constructive post where you add a link to said app

tRens wrote:

stuff

i dint try that yet, is working on win7 x64 ?

serenekaos wrote:

Mines an iSCSI SAN... does that make me cooler than you?

I checked the fps last night and i was running at about 40-60fps the entire time i was playing on what ever settings the game puts by default. this is with a 2.6 quad core 7500 HDD 8gb ram windows 7 64bit and ati 8530, i haven't noticed any loading issues or problems. i guess i might be spoiled com paired to other games though since PO loads allot faster than most of the other mmo's i have played and with WAY less space.

just fyi for those that might be having issues. but if i start seeing issues ill try the ram disk option with my setup since the game runs pretty smooth.

tbh this should only be used for people with really old drives that are naturally slow and coming to the end of their life, and people with 5400rpm drives that are in some sort of fragmentation hell lol. otherwise its down the who system enviroment as to the load times.

lol XyberViri your right, it isnt something you would need to think about with those specs

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS