1 (edited by Hamlet Dynamic 2010-11-27 04:42:20)

Topic: WASD/Arrow keys randomly stop working for movement

This bug resolves itself when I restart my computer, but reoccurs within a few minutes of logging in every time.

I randomly cannot move my robot with WASD or with arrow keys. Double-clicking still works, but is cumbersome. I feel like this bug is related to chat somehow as whenever it occurs I cannot type anything legible into chat. When I attempt to type in chat it appears as: "j????k????? ."

Thank you for your attention, I'd love to see this resolved soon. And this is a great game, keep it up!

Edit:
When I say that I can randomly not move, it has occurred several times:
1) First time when exiting a terminal/station.
2,3) Twice more when leaving the station, the second time after traveling through the teleport for a tutorial mission.

Re: WASD/Arrow keys randomly stop working for movement

If the issue resolves itself when you reboot the computer, the problem sounds like it may be a driver issue. If you're using a USB keyboard you may want to try an old PS/2 keyboard or adapter just to see if it makes any difference. If nothing else the information might help the devs narrow down if it is in fact a bug in the game.

Woops, posting with alts on accident.

I fixed it. It had alot to do with my ventrilo client and the setup settings I was using. Basically, my Push-to-Talk key was stopping my mech, so I couldn't run and talk on ventrilo at the same time. I resolved this by disabling my tilda key in keybindings and binding it as my new push-to-talk. I was unable to find the Ctrl key anywhere in the game's keybinding menu, but it still stops my mech while running for some reason. I am unsure how this issue messed up my chat, but it just seems like chat is laggy, sometimes typing strange characters and somewhat nonresponsive overall. The game is playable now, however. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

it's some sort of a game bug :

the robot stop acting when pressing ctrl or shift or alt.
currently you can't move and press any of those keys without stoping.

annoying.

It's not a bug. Pressing Ctrl makes your keypress Ctrl-W instead of W. That's how you can start a leg module by pressing '1' and start a head module by pressing Shift+'1'.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

solution - just assign ctrl-w as secondary keybind for forward...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear