Topic: Demobs need line of sight

exactly like every weapon, because it's too easy to get in some arkhe or anyother unarmed ew, with t1 lwf and demob someone behind walls/trees/plants/rocks without a chance to shoot them off...

discuss o/

Re: Demobs need line of sight

It wouldn't change things much and if everything in this game needs line of sight it would only amplify the needed for a lower ping which some people cannot achieve. I know of a few people that due to ping have had to give up most combat roles as they simply get out manoeuvred by someone with a lower ping no matter what they do.

If this was to happen then people would want all modules to have line of sight. Only modules equipped to the medium or chassis slots should have line of sight in my opinion.

The Game

Radar needs LOS

Don't agree. It actually improves Los fighting to not have it this way.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Radar can't be LOS because Missles do not require LOS to fire. The changes to radar distances is suffcient to allow room for advanced tactics.

I agree on such things as line of sight for certain modules, the demob I would think at least watching the animation should have LOS, like neuts etc. As for your other ew such as supression, ecm....no LOS needed as that would seem "wireless" lol. Thats my thoughts on it, as for people with poor ping...sorry, your just *** out of luck.

Liveware Problem wrote:

Radar needs LOS

I like this

THEY WERE IN THE TREES MAN, IN THE TREES

Just been watching a few vids and the EW bots were running stupidly fast compaired to the rest and basiccally hiding in every video I saw. They should pwn CPU wise and maybe speed but to be able to do what they do while staying out of LoS in not cool tbh and totally unbalanced imo.

Sentient wrote:

Just been watching a few vids and the EW bots were running stupidly fast compaired to the rest and basiccally hiding in every video I saw. They should pwn CPU wise and maybe speed but to be able to do what they do while staying out of LoS in not cool tbh and totally unbalanced imo.

6 well placed missiles will instantly pop an ewar.
Every game has them and everyone always hates them apart from the people that play as them. If you want example I can give them but any class that is fast, very weak is it makes a mistake and extremely skill/twitch based will annoy everyone to some extent.

The Game