Topic: NPC Factions vs. Player made Factions

At Character creation, you have to choose between three npc factions, which has no meaning to the gameplay at all.
Standings only affect your playstyle marginal, if it does at all.
Mostly Industrials are affected by NPC Corp Relations.

After that, you have to choose between the three (or is it two now?) player made factions -> the current big Alliances.

Except for a manual standing slider, the game offers nothing to support that.

Things like:
- Player made Assignments
- Bounty system
- Player Corp-Conglomerates

Many Complaints on the forums are about that second choice, as it restricts their access to 50% of the availiable landmasses - and unlike hardcoded Faction-choices in other games, trespassing here is lethal.

I have put this up to general discussion, as i would be intrested what the Current player base would prefer for the game Developement:

1. A meaning behind the Faction choice at character creation (NPC Political system)

2. Remove the initial choice and offer tools for player made factions (100% Sandbox)

3. Offer both things and try to align them as good as possible

(perhaps we can make a Poll out of that wink )

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: NPC Factions vs. Player made Factions

An intermix of npc-factions relating to the player-factions - which should reflect player behaviour.

To have the possibilitiy to show player behaviour as a player - a third type of zone is needed where pvp reflects on the players standing as either: good, mercenary or playerkiller.

I think this is even more important then POS since it creates your avatar identity.

Re: NPC Factions vs. Player made Factions

The initial factions are useless.  All it lets you do is choose the colour of your bot.  It could be replaced with three buttons saying "red, yellow, blue" and three underneath saying "pvp, mining, manufacturing".