Topic: Direction for new player wanting to pursue industry

So I have only played through the first few tutorial missions.  A friend who started many hours before me said when you finsih the last one you get a robot that will allow you to mount up to 4 mineing/guns on it.  Last night a guy on the help channel said I should not spend any of my points till I am ready to do transport missions.

So my questions are:
1.  After I work through the turoials, should I use that bot with the 4 mounts and start mineing like crazy on the pve land mass?

2.  When should I spend my skill points and on what?
     (is it ok to spend some on shooting skills so I can get kernels or should I just try to buy them with money I make from selling stuff I mine?) Be specific on recomendations as I am totally new

3.  How long should I expect to play the game before I can make stuff folks might want to buy?  (On a 15 day trial right now)

thanks

Re: Direction for new player wanting to pursue industry

Coopersmith, jack of all trade characters are rarely very successful. If you really want to effective on all areas you might want to get more than one account. One for combat, one for mining and reprocessing, one for kernel research and manufacturing. Or if possible even more accounts with more specialization.

3 (edited by Arga 2011-02-17 21:03:03)

If you are going to join a corporation, specializing is required and most appropriate because you have a staff of fellow members who do the things you can't.

If you intend to make your own corp as Ralph suggests with additional accounts, then you should specializeeach account.

If your not going to join a corp, then you can generalize.

The downside to putting in EP as needed is a very slow progression. But it can also be very fulfilling to mine, manufactor, and blow up your own equipment.

If your going to try to compete on the market, or with production, then you will need to specialize, and run lots of hauling assignments to build up your initial capital before you can make NIC on selling items.

Check out Inner Ring Excavations

Inner Ring Excavations
Kciredor Nov --- Mining and Industry
Skao Nov --- PVP, when i get another account.

5 (edited by Kristan Delorian 2011-02-19 23:17:06)

First of all, you wont get a bot with 4 industrial slots. You will get a combat bot which is able to use only two mining modules.

Transport missions are good for fast gaining of reputation which helps in manufacturing, but if you dont have access to the free movement on beta island (neutral bots being destroyed without any warning) this have no future. So try mining, its profitable too. Just buy an Argano and do some mining missions to know where is what to mine and gain extra credits on it.

About EP: If you're going to mine you're gonna need a Termis, this mech requires lots of skills for comfortable and efficient operating. You need to train skills to increase your capacitor, recharge and skills which reducing power cost of your medium mining modules. And dont forget to train skills which unlock this Termis for use.

UPD: You can craft whatever you want even right now, like light bots or ammo, such thing allways on demand. You just need an example of what you're going to craft and a decoder. But you will lose many materials, so train skills to increase factory minerals efficiency and gain reputation doing mining or transport missions.

Good luck.

Kciredor Nov wrote:

Check out Inner Ring Excavations

Thanks for your support!

Coppersmith, do what you most enjoy. No need to do transport missions, miner/industry by itself is profitable, specialization is key to get were you want fast. Join a corp most will help to get you on the right track. Our corporation will surely support your goals. Remember have fun.

RIP PERPETUUM