Topic: Cannot start Perpetuum after reboot

Hi,

today I installed Perpetuum for the first time (on my Win7 64bit system) and everything went fine. I played the game some hours without any problem. But after doing a reboot I cannot start Perpetuum anymore, neither in normal nor in safe mode. I keep on getting the windows error "Perpetuum funktioniert nicht mehr". In the event log I see the following error message: "Fehlerhafte Anwendung Perpetuum.exe, Version 1.0.0.1, Zeitstempel 0x4cf00abf, fehlerhaftes Modul Perpetuum.exe, Version 1.0.0.1, Zeitstempel 0x4cf00abf, Ausnahmecode 0xc0000005, Fehleroffset 0x00026544, Prozess-ID 0x94c, Anwendungsstartzeit 01cb8e39c0188bb9.".
Where should I send the crashlog*dmp-file that is being generated every dump and how will I be able to play the game again?

Cheers,
Raglor

Re: Cannot start Perpetuum after reboot

If you've got the bandwidth to do so and the problem continues you could try reinstalling or simple deleting the .gbf file and allowing the client to re-download it.

I've heard of a few issues that required the .exe to be re-downloaded as it sounds like it's the program failing to start and not failing to load from the .gbf file.

Keep this thread up to date and see if the reinstall helps.

The Game

Ok, I'll try a reinstall. It might take a little time as I'm online by mobile network so don't expect a soon answer. wink

Cheers,
Raglor

ps: I have been playing more than one account at the same time (starting the client multiple times), could this be a source of problems too?

It's very possible. The better solution is to copy the directory to a new location (E.g. /Perpetuum/Client1 and /Client2) an run each separately. I'm sorry it's going to consume so much bandwidth but try the reinstall first. That should replace the .exe without overwriting the large .gbf file.

The Game

After renaming Perpetuum.gbf I was able to redownload the file after starting the game and now everything seems to work fine. I'll report back if I got the same problems after the next reboot.