Topic: Artifacts

Those dev's are tricky!!

So the new geo scan based treasure hunt ties nicely into the latest change in resources.

There are now 2 reasons to spend EP on those scanning skills; better resolution on ORE and now artifacts. Excellent.

"Every island will have an ever-changing collection of hidden spots"

Nice. No waypointing and going back to the "X" to farm artifacts! And every island means beta too, the reward for beta finds is probably going to be greater than for alpha. I do hope however that there are not certain items that can ONLY be found on beta, but agree the rewards for beta caches should be higher than alpha; and they can be much rarer on alpha.

I also like the fact that your going to need an industry and a combat player to get at some of these.

All around a good idea, looking forward to the implementation.

Re: Artifacts

Geo-scanning skills will be much more valuable than now, miners will have lot of work to search valuable items for corporation (new role for indy players), community will have new rare bots and modules. Awesome.
Arga, i think artefacts will be spawning each times in random positions, if else - this will be disbalancing and im sure devs will not allow it.

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-15 20:03:55)

Sounds like a nice feature. More PvE Content for the player base to complain about being better on the beta islands. It could be the start of something great but it really is just an EVE feature ported over. I don't care though. It's about time this game bad more feature like this and just because someone else did it first didn't stop Blizzard and it should not stop these devs.

Keep working hard and good luck. smile

The Game

Forgot: i like DEVs efforts to make PvE tied with PvP. This is something like PvPvE lol

The beta island issue will probably clear itself up with the addition of the 6 new zones, but that is not likley to happen for many months.

Here is my issue with the current 2 zone setup, Alpha/Beta.

Because of the resource balance, there is no way an Alpha alliance can grow strong enough to take a beta Island. Corps that get kicked off beta also can't go to Alpha, regroup and strenghen, and go back.

Once a beta alliance has continual access to those resources, they grow too powerful to be removed by anything less than another beta alliance.

I'm not talking about simply taking an outpost, because we all know that outpost ownership has nothing to do with Island control.

Once there is more space, then corps will be able to 'fall back' to beta and regroup in attempts to knock corps out of their new homes, but it will be only the current beta corps that will have the strengh of bots and NIC to take over those new lands.

The rich get richer.

I would simply like to see some sort of mechanism in game that allows even a 'chance' for newly formed Alliances to challenge beta islands with a fair chance of winning; and not just giving beta islanders some PVP distraction.

PVP alliances should have some form of combat that losses them Syndicate standing and in turn effects how they can interact with Alpha. Teleport delays or higher market tax.

The Game

That would be OK too, some small advantage so the 'alpha' alliance would still have to work hard to build back up, or as you say a small disadvantage for the beta alliance.