Topic: Developer blog - "Corporation Recruitment"

Developer blog: "The future of Perpetuum" wrote:

There are basically two games in the world of Perpetuum. One is the initial “run around, complete missions, collect stuff” side of it, and we’ll be the first to admit that it lacks content to be truly enjoyable. And then there is the second layer of the game, the player corporations.

We fear that some players do not get to the point where they actually join a player-run corporation, and leave the game without ever realizing what is going on behind the scenes in this little world of ours.

Therefore we would like to implement some features that will guide players towards finding and joining a corporation that is suitable for them. The tutorial will also have a chapter on this and we’ll introduce a “yellow pages” type of directory, where players will be able to filter corporations based on their of size, language, timezone and profile, which CEOs and officers will be able to set in the extended corporation information panels.

On this subject, how hard would it be to...

1) Place billboards in the world (near teleports and alpha terminals) where corporations can pay to show a recruitment poster.

The poster could possibly built using the same tool provided to create corporation logos but obviously with a bit more space and text. And if they can't be put on the terrain, could they be put as a background window in a terminal? Not the actual background itself, but a window like the chat log box or something, maybe placed by default in the top left hand corner that can be turned on or off (or only shows to Freeholders and people in newbie corps).

2) Embed videos from youtube, or at least have a placeholder for a video link in corp information.

I know they could add a link anyway, but it won't be clickable and most people won't bother or even think of it unless you give them a place for it. Encouraging this will encourage corp recruitment videos, all of which act as advertisements on youtube for Perpetuum itself. At the very least allow bbcode or limited html formatting of corp information.

(Disclaimer: this is nothing to do with wanting to advertise my corp, per se, I just like things that make in-game worlds more immersive).

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Re: Developer blog - "Corporation Recruitment"

I would also like to be able to tag the billboards... *shakes spraycan* smile

Seriously though, some type of in game method of recruiting would be very helpful, not all new players find their way to the forums; Yellow pages adds sounds like a winner!

Great ideas!

Im trying to imagine what would be written on these billboards by some of the members of this game. I'm not suprised that hasnt been introduced.

Please, no billboards xD)