Topic: Please rename "Stations" to "Teleports"

It's too easy to think of the terminals and outposts as "stations" as well.

This gets really confusing on TS or in chat, when someone refers to Nauwy Station and half his listeners think he means the terminal, and the other half think he means the teleport.

I always refer to them as teleports, not stations, in order not to get people mixed up.

Can we just make this official?

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Re: Please rename "Stations" to "Teleports"

Signed.

Stations was probably made to make them sound like train station or bus stations but also having Terminals can cause confusion. For those that don't know what a Station is there can be confusion but technically Teleporter isn't a real word. I think it was made up.

Everyone in-game calls them teleports anyway but if they want to call them stations, terminals and outposts to confuse us then it's a games choice.

At this rate they might as well call them gates. And jumping through a teleport called "Warping".. yarr

The Game

Yes, minor issue but still confusing! So yes pls change it.

/signed

signed.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Agreed

Good idea.

hmm, while your at it, rename mechs to "medium Robots", so certain player don't confuse them with "bipedal i-win-machines"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Id actually like bipedal better!

/signed

Dromsex wrote:

bipedal would be as wrong as mech is already -> industrial robots dont have legs
and i cant wait for the first "Centaur"-Mech

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Dromsex wrote:

bipedal would be as wrong as mech is already -> industrial robots dont have legs
and i cant wait for the first "Centaur"-Mech

You have a good point. Light robots, Medium Robots and Heavy Robots. smile

The Game

Light, med, heavy sounds STILL too much like a progression path.

I know Alex and many others understand, but there seems to be a group, that no matter how many times or ways you describe it, they are fixated on bots as the progression path; while it is clearly ROLE based progression.  That is you spend EP on skills that make you better at Ewar or skills that make you better at sniping, or tackling, or straight DPS, ect ect. True, part of that progression can be getting a larger bot, but its not the only path. For example, someone could have spent all their EP JUST on being a stealthy sneaker, and they would have gotten progressively better at being sneaky... without putting a single EP into advanced robotics.

Arga wrote:

Light, med, heavy sounds STILL too much like a progression path.

I know Alex and many others understand, but there seems to be a group, that no matter how many times or ways you describe it, they are fixated on bots as the progression path; while it is clearly ROLE based progression.  That is you spend EP on skills that make you better at Ewar or skills that make you better at sniping, or tackling, or straight DPS, ect ect. True, part of that progression can be getting a larger bot, but its not the only path. For example, someone could have spent all their EP JUST on being a stealthy sneaker, and they would have gotten progressively better at being sneaky... without putting a single EP into advanced robotics.

This is the same for that other game involving spaceships and it works out just fine. Mechs however is a stupid name. Might as well rename light robots to mechs as well as a Mech is really a "Mecha" and rather means all vehicular objects of that sort.

But back on topic. The naming convention is a little off.

The Game

okeedokee, i just remove the "station" tag from each one so they'll remain as "teleport"s. mmmkay?

Woot! Stations are no more. Teleports are in!

The Game

not yet smile probably in the next patch or so

Jump Gate ftw. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

should change all codes grom **S to **T hmm

lol

Have a productive day, Runner

DEV Quodys wrote:

okeedokee, i just remove the "station" tag from each one so they'll remain as "teleport"s. mmmkay?

Thanks smile

Bernard Suits, 1978

They have been relabelled on the map, but not on the landmarks list or the radar. Hopefully for next patch?

Anyway, thanks again.

Bernard Suits, 1978

Thank you, thank you so very much.

honestly don't know why people found/find it confusing, I've never considered outposts and terminals to be stations.