Topic: Why no cash bounty for killing NPC bots?

This could be a good Stimulus Package(TM).

PVE'rs can get more cash to spend and keep the industrials happy.

More cash might mean more bots doing pvp.

Just an idea now that the economy is a hot topic.

Re: Why no cash bounty for killing NPC bots?

chinese gold farmers could have been an argument, but then the kernels got introduced as NIC-source and that argument got obsolete.

there are spawns out there that you can farm to infinity with an assaultbot, and you would never have to dock because they drop more ammo then you need to kill them.
ATM, you have to walk home sometimes to get the NIC -> with bounty you wouldn't need that walk, and you could just log out on terrain.

but after all, its just a lot of inconvenience as it is now. the Gold farmer/botting argument is flawed as long as there are static npc farm-spots.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

There are Assignments that do give NIC for killing NPC bots ... but you have to spend EP on assignment based skills to make it worth while.

only NIC for killing NPC in Beta --> no chinese gold farmers (or dead lol)

Hummer wrote:

only NIC for killing NPC in Beta --> no chinese gold farmers (or dead lol)

I second that

6 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-24 13:45:32)

The economy is in decline at the moment. The value of NIC is high and thus prices have fallen to meet this level. If you want to sell anything you have to accept that you're not going to be making much money on it. Beta alliances do not need NIC for anything other than production and don't even use the market apart from making NIC from it.

At the moment with the current balance the rich get richer and the poor don't stand a chance. Your only way off alpha islands anymore is to join a beta alliance. (It's a terrible mess and shows that no one in AC knows what the word economy means.)

Beta alliances have more robots than experience pilots and alpha corps don't have robots or pilots. In short the people who use the market are being screwed over by the people that don't need to use the market for anything apart from screwing other people over.

The Game

~ 2 Million NIC for a T4 LWF...

First, I appreciate they are available on the market, that's good at least.

Second, running level 2 transport missions on Alpha is roughly 500K/hour, so it only takes me 4 hours to earn enough to buy that frame.

Of course, it only takes 1 mistake to loose it and another 10M worth of modules on my PVP alt.

First-hand account from a basically solo player on alpha, it takes me 6 hours of mission grinding to outfit a Std Baph for PVP and 20 hours for a tiered Fit. So, for those people that say its just 'pixels', well yeah pixels and a whole week of boring grinding.

So I agree with Alex, you really have to be in a corp at least to PVP and to make it somewhat enjoyable, a beta corp.

yeah, someone said alpha mining was to effective...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I have to agree that ORE was generally too plentiful for the server population and bot losses, if you don't count suicidal bots.

Meaning, that once that little insurance thingy was cleared up, the price of ore would have plummeted anyway and would not have been as profitable, but miners would have 1000's of U's of overstock ore in storage and the price would probably never come back up.

but we are back to the issue i was complaining about since beta: if you don't cheat or grind on beta -> your NIC income cannot compete with anything.

sure you can make tons of nic with boring transport or geoscan missions. They are so boring that a script can run them :hint:

instead of implementing NIC sinks for those who got those billions of nic (like volume based storage fees, limited personal storage), the income got nerfed several times.

come on alexander, your intelligent post here, how to make enough nic to afford a robot loss, without doing something that a script can do 1000% better.