Topic: Early Game NIC

I've found that it is nearly impossible to get ahead in the early game due to all your NIC going to purchase new extensions, Bots, and equipment.  This will become less relevant one the extensions are bought and you are just skilling up and you have all the bots and equipment you want, so I doubt it will be difficult to gain money later in the game.  But NIC scarcity is very discouraging in the early game, when you are trying to attract new players.
  I'd boost the starting EPs to 25k, and include some more skills at level 1.  I'd also reconsider some of the balance changes as making the game hostile, or at least more difficult, to new players.  If you are worried about NIC inflation, I'd add a price tag to levels 6-10 of the skill tree.  That would drain NIC from more experienced payers without causing problems for the new players.

Re: Early Game NIC

The gaps between each stage in the same are too small. Robots are too similarly priced and assignment NIC doesn't increase fairly. Fight to end game and then get bored of the game. That's the current game life-cycle.

The Game

Mudder -

Right around launch it was really easy to make money selling low level kernals to NPC buy orders, but it was better selling them on the market. Dev's dropped the buy order amount and the lack of new players dried up the player market. The EP method of skilling also stops anyone from creating alts; basically the majority of the player base has moved beyond needing what new players can supply.

The starting experince really needs to be looked at again based on current subscription rates.

Just get enough money to buy 1 bot, ensure it, then blow...... oh wait.

->You just lost The Game<-

RIP Insurance ... your glorious bounty will be missed.  wink

There is also a serious Stermonit shortage on Alpha islands.  But it is possible to scrape by with a little help from your friends.  Though perhaps this is a game balance issue.