1 (edited by Invictus Lampada 2011-02-11 15:09:46)

Topic: Aquatics

Just a pretty far-out idea but i feel this could add an awful lot to the game.

If there were new classes of robot that could float of dive in the water then it would add huge amounts of content to the game. Not only would there be new bots but new weapon types (topedos etc) but this could also mean that there would be no need to create a land bridge to the beta islands and add an almost infinite nuber of access points to them.
Obviously these bots would be balanced by being slower/weaker on land than the non-aquatic/submersible mechs etc but there would be lots more pve areas with undersea Nian compounds etc.
This would also affect the masking/detection dynamic as it would be harder to spot enemies in the water and add a whole new layer to stealth
And lets face it who doesnt want to sneak up on a sequer-dingy in a submarine and blow it out of the water?

Re: Aquatics

I'm pretty sure the islands are actually different server nodes (please correct if wrong) so your idea wouldn't work since there is no actually physical connection between them. Also lore wise somewhere it says that the oceans are electrically charged so machines cannot travel on them, or something like that.

And I dunno...boat bots? Better make the land as good as can be first, then maybe go air...

Re: Aquatics

yep, your map shows where each "instance" ends. They are exactly 2048x2048 tiles -> and they are obviously in different climatic zones.

The map only shows you the 6 islands mankind has already discovered, it doesnt mean they are really arranged the way they are shown on our map.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear