Topic: New skill Miner range increase

I would like to see a new skill that increases the range of miner modules per level.Like a maybe a 2 to 5 meter increase to range per level.I think it would be awesome know how many times I'm mining into a field container,and their is a node like 1 meter out of my range:(

Just my thought/suggestion.

Re: New skill Miner range increase

Range extenders.

The Game

oh yeah, range extender... works so nice on mining laser and harvester...

its  3m per range extender, for the exchange of hundreds of ores per cycle, because you have to replace a tuning with the extender... really great suggestion.

remember, 1 tile is 10m... so you need at least two t4 extenders just to have 1 tile more range.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Or they could slightly increase the range that containers are accessable from, 2-3m would actually be enough, to allow miners to reach an additional row of tiles in each direction.

It also means that you will still have to move your miner around to get to ore which is something it looks like the devs want; that is players being more active when mining.

The work around, which is to drop a second canister and transfer ore 7U at a time is additional tedium that is NOT needed.

If NIC sink is the issue, create a second field container type at 10k with greater range. Or add a skill that allows you to access a container from a greater distance. 1m per point.

Arga wrote:

Or they could slightly increase the range that containers are accessable from, 2-3m would actually be enough, to allow miners to reach an additional row of tiles in each direction.

It also means that you will still have to move your miner around to get to ore which is something it looks like the devs want; that is players being more active when mining.

The work around, which is to drop a second canister and transfer ore 7U at a time is additional tedium that is NOT needed.

If NIC sink is the issue, create a second field container type at 10k with greater range. Or add a skill that allows you to access a container from a greater distance. 1m per point.

Then you'll just complain that you cant reach the tile after THAT!

"Just 5 more meters for the next tile!"

"Now, just if we can get miners slightly longer range (like 5m) so we can get that next tile!"

"Srsly, miner modules are so short, and even like a 5m increase in range would let us get that next tile outward."

->You just lost The Game<-

hehe... of course, give an inch ...

Seriously though, there was a change to the way minerals are distributed, its not uncalled for than to look at the way another aspect of mining is implemented.

unlike harvesting low-rank npcs, you cant use the sequer to collect the stuff while the "harvester" stands still. sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear