26 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-01-30 09:58:46)

Re: Recruitment Code Giveaway!

Neoxx will sell all your codes to Chinese farmers.

EDIT: I have one code

I will send some to you Neoxx.

great idea, and a good move for this game.

*Neoxx IS a chinese farmer wink

s'true Neoxx is mining alpha out singlehandedly now, although due to indoctrination i have given him my codes anyway to help his cause

Neoxx gives chinese farmers a bad name sad ... But since they torture us over at Nauwy outpost, I too will donate my codes.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

UPDATE:   I have been in contact with someone at MMORPG.com and they said they would do the giveaway for these codes.  There aren't any more details at this time, but I wanted to let everyone konw this will likely be handled by them (unless another site comes in as well, then we'll see which would be the best fit).

So, to those waiting to have something more official with it, here you go!  Just send the codes as a PM to me on the forums here, or in game if you want there to be a chance I dont see it.

->You just lost The Game<-

31 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-02-01 15:01:40)

I won't give you my code, if you let MMORPG.com do the job. This tainted community is filled with *** 12 years old american kids. 50% fanboys, 50% trolls.

Massively.com is the way to go.

I have PM Neoxx my Recruit code for the giveaway.

33 (edited by Neoxx 2011-02-01 18:15:12)

Jasdemi wrote:

I won't give you my code, if you let MMORPG.com do the job. This tainted community is filled with *** 12 years old american kids. 50% fanboys, 50% trolls.

If you are so adamant about it, contact them for me and help me get their support!  Either edit your comment and get your whiny bullshit off of my thread or do something about it.

Don't just complain and expect something to happen....

Jasdemi wrote:

mmorpg.com forums have...issues. But a lot of people visit the site and rarely bother with the forums at all. They just check out the news sections and the features. And browse despondently up and down the games list wishing there were more pvp and sandbox filter options.

Neoxx, I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great to get this in their Monday newsletter. Would the promotion be advertised on their front page?

I am happy for my name to be given as a beneficiary, and any grateful recipients may express their gratitude by performing services such as housework, serving drinks and peeling grapes. Must provide own grapes.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Thanks, Campana!  Btw, send those me in a PM since I haven't seen them yet tongue

I have sent a PM to those expressing interest in giving multiple codes.  When it is all said and done I will probably have a list of the people who donated or help gather the most codes (ask your corp!), so if you only gave 1 you will probably not get mentioned.

Check your PMs on the infestation forums. I sent them on Sunday but sent them again today.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

37 (edited by Neoxx 2011-02-01 23:50:42)

Campana wrote:

Check your PMs on the infestation forums. I sent them on Sunday but sent them again today.

Got them!  Thanks!

A quick update:  I have received over 20 codes so far, with more hopefully soon as I'm expecting them from those who said they'd send some when we got a site to host it.

If you send them as a bunch from your corp, I will be sure to have it mentioned!

I'd be happy to donate any codes I get to this endeavour, as the friends I do have are either too entrenched in their favourite MMO (Mostly EVE and WoW) or not interested in this type of game.

However, my account has only been active for two weeks today and I've no idea when I'll actually get a code. Still, if you need them when I do get one, count me in! smile

i can only see MMORPG giving out codes form this contest to paying subscribers or something to where their paid users are only ones to get a hold of them.

sounds rotten yet , but if they can squeeze a few dollars from their users with this event you're working hard to put together , i wouldn't put it past them .....

nice to see some one like yourself putting the time/effort into this , and to see so many others helping out.

when i get my codes , i will send em to you.

Corn wrote:

i can only see MMORPG giving out codes form this contest to paying subscribers or something to where their paid users are only ones to get a hold of them.

sounds rotten yet , but if they can squeeze a few dollars from their users with this event you're working hard to put together , i wouldn't put it past them .....

nice to see some one like yourself putting the time/effort into this , and to see so many others helping out.

You might be confusing MMORPG.com for Fileplanet?

Corn wrote:

wtf is a paid subscriber on MMORPG?

If they had such an option, I would have undoubtedly seen it presented to me by now so they could try to squeeze those dollars out of me, but I havent.

I've heard of them favoring reviews/ratings/votes of those games that do advertising on their site, but never the general users themselves.

Hey neoxx...

Siddy wrote:

Hey neoxx...

How much ad revenue do you receive every time someone goes to z0r.de?

PM'd you 2 codes on infestation, Neoxx. More to follow.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)

Thanks for all of the codes so far!  A special thanks to Zorac for getting 10 codes!  We are now up to nearly 40.

I will also be communicating with someone from Massively.com as well as BrightHub.com.   If either of them are interested I'll leave it up to the masses to choose which site gets to do the giveaway.  Most likely it will be whoever decides to do the most for it will get the votes from you guys, but I also do have the final say wink

Thanks for all of the help so far!

Good idea Neoxx, let the sites auction them in terms of who does the best marketing push smile

Heckle wrote:

Good idea Neoxx, let the sites auction them in terms of who does the best marketing push smile

All of the codes will go to only 1 site.  Its up to them to see the value in it and see how far they want to go with it.  A contest with user submissions to win them?  Giveaway first come first server?  Re-review a couple months after launch as well?

Any update on the current situation?

Former CEO of X-23

I havent gotten word from any other site about doign this, so it looks like MMORPG is gonna be it.

Still gathering codes.  We're getting close to 50, but slowing down, so I think that may be the magic number.

I'll start talking with the guy about how they will do it, so it wont just be something under the radar or whatever.

please remember, those codes have a date of expiry

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear