Topic: Small-medium armor reppers AP consumption

Hi!

I don't know why anyone didn't saw this before but here is something really odd in small-medium armor repairers AP consumption.
I was made a bit testing with t1-t4 reppers. Nothing was online just and only just repper.
I was observed, when then bots accumulator is between 50% and 80% (typically), the reppers using 10-20% more APs in one cycle (with t4 small repper 80-90 AP, and not 70 AP).
Before anyone write me back that AP recharge isn't same at different accumulator status, i know that and this doesn't matter here. Just watch your accumulator counter just before rep cycle ending, and watch new value after cycle. Some values at assault robot:
AP just before cycle - AP just after rep (cycle ends and starts new) - (consumption for rep):
370 - 285 - (85)
355 - 263 - (95)
347 - 271 - (76)
312 - 231 - (81)
297 - 210 - (87)
283 - 199 - (84) and so on.

I would like, that this "bug" would be inspected and corrected asap.

2 (edited by Exomorph 2011-02-02 12:56:07)

Re: Small-medium armor reppers AP consumption

Still no answer or reply from a DEV?
Come on guys!

I've noticed this before with small repairers, haven't really used medium repairers much to notice.

Medium repairers use more AP-s too than its written in info.

Everything does. I also don't understand why. There may have been an error for a very long time and no one noticed.

I'd say it has something to do with server/client desync but that doesn't answer why it uses an almost random amount of accumulator when at 100% running no other modules.

I've had this with weapons as well, and it's not a rounding issue unless on a massive scale. If every module rounds up and passive recharge rounds down then it's possible it pretty much negates most accumulator saving skills.

The Game

We will fix it as soon as we find out what cause the problem.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

DEV Alf wrote:

We will fix it as soon as we find out what cause the problem.

Confirmation? Oh dear. It's real?
And here I was hoping it was just a display issue but further testing leads me to believe it's something else. Keep us posted! smile

The Game

After 10 days, I'm asking devs that what they found about this bug?
In last week i tested many module AP consumption, and it seems, that many many (all?) modules useing 10-20% (sometimes even 30-40%) more APs than its written in their info.
Here is global problem with AP consumption, so please devs investigate this asap, and try to fix it. Its not good that if u using 4-5 modules same time, than they using double of AP in all than they needed to be used.

Happy bugfix smile

Will bump this thread untill we get some info from DEVs ...

so : BUMP!

BUMP BUMP!
We got zero info about this problem!

BTW as many of us wrote : EVERY module eats more APs than its written in their info!