Topic: Skill level 1 does not add +1 in some cases

Thats maybe display bug, maybe not.

I'm not speaking of non refreshed windows. After buying new skills with EP I've always closed/opened windows, even relogged sometimes.

1. I have no skills in Ext:Basic Extensive Mass Producion.
So I can start 1 factory job. When I buy the skill to level 1, factory shows that I still have one line available. And says used lines 0/1.
Skill description says "Each level of this extension raises the maximum number of production lines in the [[Help:Factory|Factory]] by an additional 1."
So I should have two lines. Witch I do not. Or it just do not dispaly correctly.
When I raise skill to level 2 I see 2nd line and it says 0/2 availabe. That supposed to be 3 already...
I do not have 3 prototypes atm to test can I start 3rd job or can not.

2. Mostly same situation with assignments. When I buy level 1 of skill that allow to have more then one assignment, info in window still shows 1/1. But here I was able to take 2nd assignment and numbers changed to correct 2/2.

3. Reload rate for robot should be dispplayed like xx.x not as whole numbers. I buy level 1 skill "accelerated reload" and see exactly same 10seconds. On level 2 I see 9sec. On level 3 nothing changes again. On level 4 - 8 sec. It's hard to measure but I think on level 1 it's 9.5sec and on level 3 it's 8.5sec, isn't it?

Re: Skill level 1 does not add +1 in some cases

for all three cases:
In Perpetuum info screens or anything doesn't update automatically when you raise an extension.
you have to close the window and reopen it to see the change.

Melia wrote:

I'm not speaking of non refreshed windows. After buying new skills with EP I've always closed/opened windows, even relogged sometimes.

Have you read what I've wrote in the beginning?
It's not that kind of bug. It's different.

4 (edited by Michael J Caboose 2010-11-22 01:09:28)

please show that with a screenshot

i told them bout this a while ago. They said it didn't exist. I lol'd.

I can confirm for the extensions :

basic extensive prototype production
basic extensive mass production
basic extensive reverse production

7 (edited by Alexander 2010-11-22 13:16:48)

Would be nice to see all of these fixed.
Maximum slots is 30 and should be 31 (Starting with a basic 1 slot) or remove the start slot and have people have to train level 1. It seems like two different people made this area of the game and didn't agree with each other. Would be nice if someone could screenshot it. Level 5 in "basic extensive mass production" and only having 5 slots. If you have 6 there is an issue with the first few levels of a window update bug.

As for reload time, it should display xx.xx not just xx and round. I have a 7.5 second reload time and it displays as 8. This is misleading.

The assignment issue is just a window not updating. They're not real time. If you train the extension with the assignment window or any other window closed it will display correctly when opened.

The Game

Thanks for the info, we'll check it soon. Unfortunately it won't be in the patch on 23rd November 2010. Probably in the next one.

do you planned to reset the extension and refund the EP, or just recalculate the carateristic ?
just to make it clear, both solutions are good to me.

it suppose to have a default value of 1. so without extensions you should have 1. 
but it seems to be bugged somewhere...

DEV Crm wrote:

it suppose to have a default value of 1. so without extensions you should have 1. 
but it seems to be bugged somewhere...

It does have a default value of one without extensions, thats the problem. When you train to level 1 from zero you still have only 1 line in those areas. With zero it should have zero lines. Without any extensions you shouldn't have any lines at all.

Without extentions one should have one point in ability in most cases.
So one can take an assignment without training ext. One should be able to build something, even uneffective without trained skills. The game should be fun to play. So players should be given a chance to try varuios activities without spending EP on those.

i agree you should be able to build without skills but if you give 1 at zero that means at level 10 youd have 11 and thats ***. Just give people level 1 in those areas from the begining and problem solved.

I don't see the problem to have 1 with level O, if it's clearly indicated as it.
and when you reach lvl 10 you have, for example, 11 slot.

the issue is, actually when you take the extension for the first time you don't gain any benefit of it.

15 (edited by Triglav 2010-11-24 05:29:02)

Confirming this bug for the extension "rapid firing".

My test ( can post scrnshot, just tell me where i can save the file as i've never posted pics anywhere...excpet facebook) was testing my standard light ACs.

This math is unconfirmed tbh, but if

cycle time = base cycle time * (1-extension1 * level1) * (1-ext2 * l2)  * (1-botbonus1 * botlvl1) .......

and example: ACs
base cycle = 3.2,

using
general firing 8 and
rapid firing 4

the result is = 2.67 (ingame)

however the math says that it should be 2,59.

If this is a bug, it'd be nice to have it solved smile if it's a feature tongue is cool, just say so smile

o/ T.

EDIT: oh and the 2.67 result is exactly what i would get using above math with general firing 8 and rapid firing 3.

This is the xxx spot.

Some of the extensions are multiplied, not added.

Basically, you dont take the full % of the extensions all at once, you multiply them for each level.

100% x .99
99% x .99
etc etc etc

It makes the bonus less effective in the end, but really doesnt add much "depth" to this area of the game.  Where it helps is when you stack damage tunings or something of the like, where each additional tuning adds 5% over 105%, then 5% over 105.25%, etc.

I'm not positive this is whats happening with that extension, I'm just offering up a possible explanation.  You might want to check the math to see if it fits.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Again confirming this with Armor repair extension.

with level 5 armor repair extension
armor reppers should have 11.25 cycle time, mine is showing 12.
base 15 sec * (1- 0,05 * 5) = 11.25
base 15 sec * (1- 0,05 * 4) = 12

Same with remote reps:
Base is 20sec, mine remains at 16 (with L5 armor repair, this should be 15 imo).

tootles o/

T.

This is the xxx spot.

Your formula is off:

base 15 sec / (1+0.05 * 5) = 12.00 sec
RR:
base 20 sec / (1+0.05*4) = 16.67 sec

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.