Topic: speed and object collision

One thing I noticed is that your speed doesn’t change when you come into contact with an object that stops you.  If my bot has a default speed of 69 kms and I run into a wall, my speed still shows as 69 kms.

Re: speed and object collision

The speed indicator also shows 69kph while standing still. There is no speed up or slow down in this game.
If you hit an object you aren't moving any more and that should be pretty obvious.

The Game

Yes, it's not an actual speed indicator - it's a setting.

But would it be possible to speed up or down depending on if you're down or uphill? Would be quite tactical, wouldn't it? lol

Yes we'd like that feature too.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes we'd like that feature too.

Cool! I'll be looking forward to that one then smile.

robots bumping robots perhaps?

Shield on Shield repulsion?

i would like to see acceleration put into the game...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Dont forget to increase maximum overall speed then otherwise itl make the game feel even slower.

If they added acceleration and turning reducing speed slightly I'd be in heaven and would drive around all day. Each robot could have a different speed up time from zero to full speed. That way as they turn or manoeuvre around things the enemy could gain on your. Or just as easily lose you.

At the moment it's like getting rabid dogs off a leash and hoping one of them kills something.

The Game

each bot could get a "horsepower" parameter, which would affect its mass/acceleration factor.

something with high mass and good speed could accelerate very slowly, but a demob won't stop it in its run (like the current demob-resist works actually)

mass would not affect top speed as much as now when running at flat terrain, but the acceleration/decelleration and turning speed.

steroid-intakts would have to crash into obstacles to avoid crashing into the group it wanted to demob (or just missing it)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

12 (edited by MetalHead 2011-02-07 18:36:15)

Coming from a background of simulator addictions I can't help but desire a mechwarrior feel to my bots. I am not saying I want 1st person or anything but Acceleration/turning slower on bigger bots/mechs. Engine upgrades.

Collision damage only really any fun if/when we can somehow lose weapons due to damage. Then ramming into an opponent would cause minimal damage but the splash from the explosion could do a significant amount of damage and cause possible loss of targeting.

Something so a demobiliser on a MK2 can't really do much againsts a sequer. But the sequer turns slower and take some time to get up to full speed.