Topic: Weather

I assume a planet has an ecosystem of sorts considering there is green everywhere so where is the weather?

I would like to see weather that acts as an advantage and or disadvantage for those who are not prepared for it.

Rain that makes your movements erratic possibly spinning you out (or tripping you up in cases of legged robots) and lowers your optimal and fall off

Fog that reduces radar visibility but allows you to sneak up on people (or they could sneak up on you)

Sunlight being used to power solar cells that you equip on your robot for a lower module cycle time or higher speed but it does the opposite in dark areas

Acid rain in high population areas that damages armor

Snow leaves tracks and slows movement speeds of robots but the cold weather increases the the effectiveness of electronics and engineering modules.

Hurricanes and tornadoes that can throw you out of place

Sunspots that provide erratic effects to your electronic systems in the form of a buff, debuff, or can effectively stall out your robot.

player outposts could build meteorological stations to monitor and predict when positive or negative weather effects are incoming (except for Sunspot activity)

Re: Weather

There was definitely fog during the Moyar intrusion if i remember correctly, suddenly showed up and im not sure when it left, but limited visibility and such.

but did it prevent you from seeing 1000m out?

a weather system is planned in the future, but not very near i think.

with artillery getting into the game, WIND could be a really nice addition to the system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear