1 (edited by Ion Halo 2011-01-18 18:53:42)

Topic: Outpost bot issue with cargo.

it is extremely annoying when checking bot cargo bays. please make it so you can open only the cargo bay of the active bot.

Thanks.

Re: Outpost bot issue with cargo.

that i dont get?

what?

you can access the cargo bay of your active bot by just doubleclicking the background when docked.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

no it's when you can open a cargo bay and then switch bots and then you add your ammo and undock to find out you put it into the bot that wasn't active.

I think if you switch bot the cargo bay need to close by default and then you just open it again with the new active bot.

it's just a bit confusing.

Yes, but it is also very useful to be able to access cargo of bots that aren't active. So by implementing what you suggest, they would be eliminating a feature.

Just need to pay attention to which bot's cargo you are opening.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

thats no bug, its a feature, wrong forum section then

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I see what he's saying here. it's handy to have but there should be some better UI clarification as to what window is what. As it stands they're not labeled at all ( if I remember correctly, not logged in ) or if they are they aren't very well/clearly. if you have 10 containers open, it gets confusing quickly.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

rename your bots and each window will show the bots name wink

iirc (work too) they are labeled, even without renaming. Top of the cargo window.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

It's a feature to keep idiots from playing the game.

Double check before you undock.

The Game

Havin the possibility to also open cargo bays of inactive bots is good - not automatically switching to the active cargo bay when switching bots is just unlucky design.

Should be changed. Design class 1st grade: make your customers happy - make it simple stupid.

I think what he's saying is this *(at least this is what I can see as an issue)

You dock up, open cargo ( say a sequer with loot/ore/whatever ) and you then open corp storage, and have to open an ore folder, and a mods or a recycling folder, while sorting through the cargo, it is easy to move stuff to the wrong folder by accident. This isn't really damaging or anything, just would be nice if it labeled a bit clearer is all.

That's what I think he's talking about, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

L1fe3looD wrote:

I think what he's saying is this *(at least this is what I can see as an issue)

You dock up, open cargo ( say a sequer with loot/ore/whatever ) and you then open corp storage, and have to open an ore folder, and a mods or a recycling folder, while sorting through the cargo, it is easy to move stuff to the wrong folder by accident. This isn't really damaging or anything, just would be nice if it labeled a bit clearer is all.

That's what I think he's talking about, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

The tree's that way. This isn't even a tree you're barking up..

it is extremely annoying when checking bot cargo bays. please make it so you can open only the cargo bay of the active bot.

This is a feature. /Thread.

The Game