Topic: Deployable sensor pods - for all your remote surveillance needs!

A module that allows a player to deploy disposable sensor pods.

Pods could provide radar coverage (1000m?) around the beacon to the owner and his squad mates.

Players will be able to attack sensors much like interference emitters.
Sensors could have negligible health and last for say 1 hour.

Additional points in the extension could improve sensor range and number of pods deployable at a time.

Perhaps a sound could be played if the pod detects a new player or is attacked.

This would save many sentries the hassle of sitting on teleporters for hours on end, thus making beta islands more interesting for all involved.

What do you guys think?

Re: Deployable sensor pods - for all your remote surveillance needs!

This would save many sentries the hassle of sitting on teleporters for hours on end, thus making beta islands more interesting for all involved.

that sounds so contradicting...
i thought beta islands are not so intresting BECAUSE there are sentries at every Teleporter?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm sure there's some balance to be considered, eg an exclusion zone around teleporters or outposts  for instance.

Sorry but this would be too overpowered, you may as well just give everyone global radar.  The trouble is to make this idea work you would have to nerf it so much that it would be useless and everyone would switch back to archies.

Yes, please. Let's make it easier to avoid PvP and dock up when someone enters our island. Now we won't have to depend on players to secure them or notify us when we're being invaded.

I think they should go a step further -- they should implement an extension that you can put point into that automatically auto pilots you to base and docks up when the perimeter sensors are breached. This way we don't even need to play the game to mine all day.

Sounds like a good time.

just face it - WE NEED LAND MINES big_smile

BUBBLE THE GATE!

wait....

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

8 (edited by Annihilator 2011-01-18 18:31:09)

play RTS game without fog-of-war wink

edit: whcih brings me to the idea that they should not show robot details if not in line of sight (like name, exact robot class, etc)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

GLiMPSE wrote:

they should implement an extension that you can put point into that automatically auto pilots you to base and docks up when the perimeter sensors are breached.

E-Corp have this already.

Annihilator wrote:

play RTS game without fog-of-war wink

edit: whcih brings me to the idea that they should not show robot details if not in line of sight (like name, exact robot class, etc)

/signed

I'd like sensors and scouting skills to actually mean something. We should have to get close enough to see them to see what/who they are. Or sensors good enough to analyze from that 1km mark and figure out what they are.

Dev's are working on re-working the radar system, aren't they?

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.