Topic: GM abusing his power, and getting owned doing it.

M2S and their allies took over the Vindictus alliances's intel channel today from what I understand. And removed the password and told all of us in general chat to join it. I got in and watch some very funny drama unfold. They were booting all the vindictus members and laughing about it. Then a GM joined the channel and gave himself roles and began removing the roles from the M2S members and their allies. And then got kicked and banned. lol

I got kicked out after a while by M2S, but it seems it was a GM account of one of the vindictus alliance members that got on and tried to use his GM powers to take back their old channel.

This is just what I heard in the convos anyway, but it does seem like it is true. And it made for a very funny screenshot. A GM getting kicked and banned from a channel by M2S. lol But I would like to know if this really was a GM abusing his powers to help his alliance.

*edit* Removed link according to forum rule #14. - DEV Zoom

Re: GM abusing his power, and getting owned doing it.

Aw I missed it sad

Re: GM abusing his power, and getting owned doing it.

Let's clear up the situation then:

The GM in question is rather new to our forces and was responding to a player request who explained him that the bad guys have stolen his channel. We made the mistake of not explaining him (the GM) that these events are to be considered as part of the gameplay which we do not interfere with. He is not affiliated with any player corporations and was purely acting based on goodwill. The behavior of some of our lovely players certainly did not help him notice that he is doing a bad thing.

So, on behalf of the GM - we're sorry.

But I again have to emphasize: hijacking channels is ok - trolling around with racist speech is not. No matter where you are in game, it's against the EULA.