Re: New devblog: Perpetuum is dead, long live Perpetuum

Silmerias wrote:

Why you don't even do the effort to translate your klingon in english. Like seriously we all have our native language but we speak english for the sake of everyone by respect.

It's russian, not klingon. are you nazi?

Also, he doesn't know enghlish, and GT doesn't translate well

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Celebro wrote:

I agree with Syndic though, client should be free, as in no charges. Afterall community is the one dealing with all the grunt work and server maintenance.

As long as the official server is running, we do have considerable expenses that have to be covered somehow.

(Also I realize that MMOs are somehow special in a way that unlike normal games they are not considered completed after release, but it's not like 10 years of development suddenly equal to nothing. That's just my opinion though.)

Line wrote:

And we don't know Russian, so we still need to run it through GT. Why not do the courtesy to do so in the first place? It is an English forum after all.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

And we don't know Russian, so we still need to run it through GT. Why not do the courtesy to do so in the first place? It is an English forum after all.

none of that is a reason to be inpolite. Silmerials could just ask for translation, isn't he? like, 'hey can someone please translate it kthxbye' instead of 'hey stop your klingon, speak english here'

also, it's not english forum, it's game forum. english is just a way to communicate, and there is no rule that it's the only way to communicate

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

none of that is a reason to be inpolite. Silmerials could just ask for translation, isn't he? like, 'hey can someone please translate it kthxbye' instead of 'hey stop your klingon, speak english here'

also, it's not english forum, it's game forum. english is just a way to communicate, and there is no rule that it's the only way to communicate

+1 He was being a ***.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

Мои глубочайшие извинения,я не знал что это английский сайт,я принял его за сайт игры, ведь я тоже игрок.
Своим постом без перевода,я подчеркнул,что в игру играют не только англоговорящие,что среди русских тоже есть фанаты,и что им тоже жаль ,что игра умирает. О каком будущем игры можно говорить, если вы не считаетесь с мнением игроков, а делите их по нации.

GT: My deepest apologies,I did not know that it is an English site,I mistook it for the game, because I also a player. Your post without the translation,I said that the game is played not only English speaking,that among the Russian also has fans,and that im also sorry that the game is dying. What future games can say, if you do not consider the opinions of players, and divide them by the nation.

Centia wrote:

Both my accounts are email based, not steam. I could probably link one of them but will the other continue to work? Not clear from the above posts though it does say so on the blog.

Yup. The Steam client currently defaults to Steam-login-only, but adding a button to toggle between the two is a matter of minutes.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

I'll join the server which will have an old database of characters, at least of their EP, creds and boosters. Because i don't have much time for games with wipes, if for games at all.

There are many ways to do so without compromizing anyone's privacy. Like resetting all passwords or exporting characters from db on demand, for a limited time so at least those who still care can do it.

In any case, it was very interesting experience, thanks.

34 (edited by Gunner 2017-09-17 15:05:38)

We are going to be hosting weekend servers.  Live Thursday, fight all weekend.  Wipe on Wednesday

like  Rust

maybe 4 weeks

Farewell Perpetuum. Thanks for the memories.

36 (edited by Rags 2017-09-23 18:25:42)

So what will this mean for the likes of me who do not have ( and never will have) a steam account?

No chance of getting the server then?

From the blog:

It’s important to note that existing non-Steam (e-mail based) accounts will continue to work with the Steam-based Perpetuum client, but you won’t be able to create a non-Steam account after the change.

The server application, and how that's distributed, no idea.  I assume anyone can get it(?).  Therefore anyone can make a server.  The only restriction is that new accounts can only be created via steam.  Everything else remains as-is.

Announcing the community effort and server for the new perpetuum:
https://community.sequer.nl/2017/09/24/ … m-project/

Our thanks to the devs for their continued efforts to provide all of us with this opportunity to recreate the perpetuum universe.

Well, ***.

40 (edited by MariusD 2017-09-30 01:03:16)

So any progress on the server software and admin tool release?

Well...most of us old timers saw this time coming. It was inevitable but I personally am sad to see it happen. I had a lot of good times in this game and it has a great platform to build on.

Thanx devs for all your hard work and for doing what you can to keep this game alive. Who knows, maybe it will be resurrected! Until then everyone stay safe and have fun.

P.S.  Ville, I don't know who he is either, lol smile

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Just reading this now.

First time reading the forums themselves in a long time, actually.

Just wanted to say to Zoom and Gargaj thanks for the 4 years of entertainment, I enjoyed it when I was quite active

To Ville and company, thanks for being ***, you made great enemies

To my game friends, thanks for the chats and good times

Peace.

hi there,
well first of cource thx to the devs for al their work over the years.
we realy appreciated it and now with making perp "open source" is realy a big step.

my personal opinion is that there is a crucial part for this to succeed.
if you want for perp to go on then you have to look at the reason why it went down. and that is mostly development of content. no hard feelings and we know for that you need manpower. and in a business that means money.
in a open project the manpower can come from the community and we all know that there are a lot games and mods where this realy works.
so my primary point here is that for this to succeed the community will need the means to develop the game in every way they see fit.
just changing a few numbers and running a private server will not get a big community together and keep going with it. this will only work if they can change everything they want to.
- changeing formula for ballancing,
- adding islands
- adding own content. like models, gfx and textures

and a lot of that will also require changes in the client.

we all appreciate your work and what you are trying to achieve here.
i hope that the community will be able to keep this game up. and for that the game needs to be able to develop futher. just like so many mods in so many games out there do and have for years.

thx
and best regards
Zort

I'm completely *** shocked that this game is ending.

You are stubborn and move the server AFTER Steam release, even though people complained about it for years
And then you're cocky enough to say that you won't sell the game for less than $1,000,000 to people that would have actually tried to make the game better than just use it for monthly beer money.

Now you're giving it away for free. I seriously want to kick you while you're down because I've been complaining for years about the same ol' *** that you REFUSED to fix. And now you have literally nothing to show for it.

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson and don't completely ignore the community next game you guys "develop".

Hi Devs, thank you very much for your talent and continuous effort, and also to provide us a way to continue playing to perpetuum. It is a pity that this game has not reached the great potential that it had, for now, we will see what the future holds.

Many luck and many thanks!
Khendras

Well I am glad to say that OPP development is underway. I'll give a big thank you to the Dev's at AC, and to Gargaj today for further patching the server.

We have some talented OPP dev's who are finding out how things work and we are now in a stage of beginning  the development agenda with content, balance, economy and server teams all at work.

If you have not done so, come join us and contribute your comments and idea or just join the discord.

https://community.sequer.nl/2017/09/24/ … m-project/

cant see the server software in my tools list any help?

Where is a link for download server?

believe it or not, i had many many restarts of steam and it finally populated.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

50 (edited by logicalNegation 2017-12-29 17:39:11)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223410/di … 5894564424

Many would like to hear the details alluded to in this post.