Topic: Syndicate bot releases(4&5?)

Hello devs,
I think many are waiting and wondering about when they will see new Heavies and Ewars released.
What is your current estimated timeline to the next blog or update?
Thanks

smile

Re: Syndicate bot releases(4&5?)

With the release of 1-3 not being worth a ***, are you really looking forward to it?  I mean the only reason the Echelon is being use is for a throw away bot.  Guess peeps are too lazy to produce, even though they have owned a beta island for a while.

The plan is to release all remaining bots before the end of the year. This might mean that they will come in one big patch instead of two, with the associated balance changes.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The plan is to release all remaining bots before the end of the year. This might mean that they will come in one big patch instead of two, with the associated balance changes.

That begs a question ... what's on the agenda for 2017?
Are outstanding items from this roadmap of July 2015 still in the pipeline?

NPC rework would be top priority for me. Still a fan of something like this.

Go on Devs be bold, make the game more dynamic and less grindy.

For the love of god Turrets vs npc's.  Seriously give gamma something.

Rovoc wrote:

For the love of god Turrets vs npc's.  Seriously give gamma something.

+1, was this implemented?  I remember some talk about it being ready-to-go but there was concern about explosions, energy drain, etc..

i don't care about energy drain or damage to turret.  I can deal with that, i just need it implemented.  Yes i understand they will not drop loot i don't care.

8 (edited by Annihilator 2016-12-12 18:06:49)

DEV Zoom wrote:

given there are only three weeks left of the year, you could start with your announcement blog, scheduling the patch for christmas, so you can release it a week later on the 31th wink

jokes aside - any news? the release of the syndicate EWAR bots may come together with another mindbreaking EWAR balance change that noone has ever expected big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

given there are only three weeks left of the year, you could start with your announcement blog, scheduling the patch for christmas, so you can release it a week later on the 31th wink

jokes aside - any news? the release of the syndicate EWAR bots may come together with another mindbreaking EWAR balance change that noone has ever expected big_smile

+1 for blog in advance of release and sale! big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

11 days left smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

2 days left,
i hope zoom didn't mean the end of next year fuuu

everything alright? i heard hungary is usually hit by noro-virus outbreaks in winter, and i can imagine that this could knock CRM out for a few weeks, depending on the size of his family. (i can tell firsthand that it knocked my little family out @ christmas sad )

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Still should be able to quickly post something like "Oh sh*t I'm sick"

ya'll still holding on to hope, lolololol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hey, he still have few hours!

he said by the end of the year, not by the end of THIS year! fuuu:lol:

My New Year after 54 minutes. smile

aaaand NO sad

lol

Line wrote:

aaaand NO sad

LOL!

Happee New Year tho Nians!

Note to self: if you're planning for the holidays, multiply by 2.

Anyway, the 4 remaining bots are now complete, still left to do are the cosmetics, the balance pass, and the other balance changes planned for the patch.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Great news and happy new year to you as well smile

I hope the balancing addresses the indy, repper and weapon tuning balance too.  Some interesting side effects..

For estimation follies try: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planning_poker
And then multiply by pi smile

Happy new year \o/

Hakuna Potata!

So why release them together again?
I thought the whole idea was to create a sustainable pace of development and visible progress on releases to keep the population active and participating.

Is there balancing that can only be done with both sets of new bots released?

Hell even if you have all of them, just release half, let the dust settle on the balancing, draw some hype on the next patch, and then release that when you have more eyes on the game.  All the while, you can work on other features that are down the pike.

Smaller incremental changes, faster to deploy, easier to balance and fix, shows more dev activity for effectively the same amount of work.

I just don't see the advantage of releasing both at the same time.  Perhaps there is a reason?

Also the last balance patch broke things, and the longer they are broken the more it becomes a regular part of the game.  This is bad.