Topic: Content update?

Last time I asked, you guys were tweeking npc AIs.  Has anything changed since then?  When will the next round of new content updates come down the pipe?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Content update?

We've been working on some significant changes to the EP system, I hope I can share the details next week.

So $$ for Ep now ? tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

So $$ for Ep now ? tongue

nope

So did you scrap the npc AI rework?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

# EP system

I hope is not new skills smile

Just @ Game

Free 2 Play

Ville wrote:

No, the work done there is not lost and will continue soon, but this was deemed more important at this point.

I don't see anything wrong with the EP system....

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

what u need for npc?

Just @ Game

update on EP system, such a cliffhanger! lol

I bet it's daily quests to activate EP generation instead of the current 3-day-login scheme.

Naismith wrote:

I bet it's daily quests to activate EP generation instead of the current 3-day-login scheme.

Hopefully this alongside a move to FTP

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

14 (edited by Chemist 2016-05-21 02:49:43)

hmm

Zoom, lack of content - the lack of players. Here are the main reason. Enough to touch EP. It has nothing to do with. Ppl ready pay $$ every month, but give to us a new content.

Tell me, why has played hundreds of people, when it was the monthly fee? And why now is no the players? And because sooner were patches, upgrades and updates every week. And now, once in six months or a year. And people did not have a booster EP, they did not have the start packs. But they paid money every month and played...

Honestly there's plenty of people who don't even log in every 3 days for their EP anymore.

16 (edited by JetNexus 2016-05-21 16:41:17)

Sounds scary smile
If it'll be ispired by some latest CCP ideas then i guess you won't see me anymore smile Anything but this pls smile
I've seen some new players in perp who quit eve because of that or decided not to return in it when they've heard the story.

JetNexus wrote:

Sounds scary smile
If it'll be ispired by some latest CCP ideas then i guess you won't see me anymore smile Anything but this pls smile
I've seen some new players in perp who quit eve because of that or decided not to return in it when they've heard the story.

They didn't mind character trading, but quit over the introduction of skill injectors? How is it any different?

Jita wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Hopefully this alongside a move to FTP

i actually do not hope for it, but expect it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

FTP would not help at this point. It's time to sell out or shut down, the 'balance patch' has shown how totally disconnected they are from the reality of the game. It was nothing less than a travesty.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jasdemi wrote:
JetNexus wrote:

Sounds scary smile

They didn't mind character trading, but quit over the introduction of skill injectors? How is it any different?

Yes, they quit because of skill injectors, but didn't mind character trading.
There was also the another brilliant idea after it - grind for SP. To make sure they won't return.

You can buy all the characters or SP injectors you want in EVE if you are terrible you will still be terrible.
It doesn't change anything except some people can spend crazy amount of money/ISK to boost themselves or their friends, good for them, good for CCP.

Then there is the old players that cry because newest players will be able to have more SP than them. Bitter.

I speak broken English.

Leary wrote:

You can buy all the characters or SP injectors you want in EVE if you are terrible you will still be terrible.
It doesn't change anything except some people can spend crazy amount of money/ISK to boost themselves or their friends, good for them, good for CCP.

Then there is the old players that cry because newest players will be able to have more SP than them. Bitter.

And if you terrible anyway then there's no reason to make ways to buy/grind SP.

Anyway, you can always buy the character, rename it and remap the points. Legal or not. Obviously the supply is larger than demand. People don't mind the character bazzaar because there is one anyway, in any game.

And it's good to be bitter (altough i'm not much). Since EP is not the main factor for victory, i don't see why bittervets and newbies both can't be happy.

It's time based progression, after all. You getting your EP and not giving a damn about grinding for it or buying it for cash. If you need to do something everyday - "write 10 times in chat", "4 hours online", "30 missions", "5 kills"... Daily, weekly... Then it'll just won't be a game for mature people.
Although these activities can be good if they'll be an alternatives for boosters, for those who really want it for free. As long as you don't bother the boosted people with these "incentives".

Well, let's wait and see. Maybe it'll actually be something interesting smile

23 (edited by Celebro 2016-05-22 19:44:45)

Well, logging for EP is pretty lame tbh, adds nothing to the game. Maybe mining/using market daily for EP can boost  market player activity a little and move away from corp supplies or the jack of all trades players with 10 accounts.

Just don't add missions for EP, hell no, it should be something that supports the game, ie pvp/market/lower material prices.

RIP PERPETUUM

i'd prefer killing 5 arganos in 5 minutes to doing 15 missions smile